Monday, October 26, 2015

Buried.... Treasures.

I can't begin...to tell you...
how Much... these lost 'Fragments'...excite me.
: ) 
It was All I could do... yesterday... to keep the Shop Open...
when Friends, Dawn and Jerome called... and said... they had Piles.... of 
Treasures.... waiting for me to see. oh my. 
Jerome said... he'd been finding 'Hearts'... all year... and had a little pile... waiting... to give...to me. <3 <3 <3 
I could have sooooo easily... Run!!!!
but... I waited 'til 4....
then...
Like a Bullet!!!! 
The Ford and I...were Headed to Town!!! 
Jerome and Dawn... are 'Diggers'. 
: )
Jerome... has an uncanny way...of knowing... exactly where to dig.....
and unearth... Amazing... Things.
oh dear....
Dawn... is equally as talented. 
She sees... 'Soulfulness'.... : ) 
oh my.
Between the two of them... they unearth... some Incredible... Jewels.
When I look....gaze.... at their findings....
I get lost... in wonder.
I...wonder... 'who'... was the last soul... before Jerome and Dawn... to 'handle'....and 'hold'...these amazing... fragments... of our past.
 Many... well over a hundred hears old. 
Most of these pieces have been found.... on the S.W. side... of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Much... near their Home.
{Dare I say... 'right out their back....door'. : ) }
Jerome Loves... Bottles.
He and Dawn... have dug deep... and found... some Amazing Ones.
I bought a Pile... of them, along with buckets... of Awesome... Fragments.
Pocket Watches... Compacts.... Tokens.... Keys.... I could go on...and on.
What intrigues me.... as much... as the Antiquity... is where, they are from.
Found...
Saved...
Rescued.
It's like... looking at the Titanic Relics... or... any Shipwreck's.... Discovery!!!
Oh My!!!
It's Fascinating!!!
I see... such Beauty... in these Rescued Treasures. 
: ) : ) : ) 
I would rather have them... sitting on a shelf... or... in a shadow box... any day...
over a Perfect... non Played with... toy.... or Perfume Bottle.
Their 'Journey'... has made them... 
Works... of Art!!!
oh my.
The Ford... has a Load...on. : )
I, myself.... have a bit... of that 'instinct' as well. 
I saw a pail... sitting back...away... from the Wonderful 'Treasures'... I was examining
and was Immediately Drawn to It....
Like a Magnet... to Steel! 
It... had the Toy Trains... Bus... Race Car.... and all Sorts... of  the Wonder...
I posted... tonight....
inside. 
oh my. : ) 
oh my. : )
There is Much... More. 
I will have a Whole Lotta Fun... putting it all out.... : )
What a Gift... Dawn and Jerome are. : )
They.... See... The Beauty... too. <3 
and...
work Hard... 
{Labor of Love... for them. : ) }
Rescuing these Lost... Treasures.
Love to ya...
Barb C. 
{I'll be posting more... of their 'Booty'.... soon. }




Early...Ford... Hubcap.
oh dear.
This One... is a Keeper. <3 

No comments: