Monday, October 12, 2015

Turn.... the Page.


Thanks.... So Much... to Everyone.
Those who Brought things... 
Those.... who Bought... things....
Those.... who Worked...so Hard... helping me....during the sale.
Liz and I... pretty much... threw this sale together.
Lynn and Lea... Mark... Kate... Dale... Cindy and Tom.... Friends....and Neighbors...
were Much Help... during the sale. 
<3
Sarah and Mark... came to shop... all the way from Duluth....<3 
I So Love... those two. <3 
 Janice and Lori... made a Very Special Trip.... and Surprised me... from Minnesota....as well. 
<3 <3 <3 
God Bless 'em....
All of Them.
Everyone.
This was a very difficult event...to pull together.
Peg... came up... and visited... : ) She is getting along.
What a Gift.... she is... in my life. : )
We had a Tent City... here.
oh my.
So Much... Great...Stuff.
I opened up the Garage.
Haven't done that... for a few years.
oh my.
I... didn't get it cleaned... or set.
There are Many...Buildings... here.
I... simply... didn't have the energy... this time around.
The Sale... was good.
Not the best, nor the worst.
I am Thankful... for Every Thing. : ) 
We are getting everything taken down... 
The wind....
oh my...
The Wind.... today.
We nearly lost two tents.
If... you have never done something...like this... there is no way.... you could understand....
how very... Grueling... it is.
Like Peg said.... "You are Dead Tired.... the day the sale opens."
It takes weeks... to pull this all... together.
The Labor.... and... Mental stress.... is...mind boggling. 
Advertising... 
Gathering...
Dealing...
Loading...
Hauling...
Cleaning...
Organizing...
all...
at a Dead... Run.
No Time...to Breathe.
oh my.
A Friend... told me...a couple of weeks ago...
 where he works....
they are looking for Truck Drivers.
Great Pay.
Great Benefits.
Home... Every Night.
: )
I called this morning.... to see about getting my CDL.
The man I visited with... So...encouraged me... : )
{even after sharing my age... : ) }
I told him... I could drive... Anything... on Wheels.
Climbed in a Freightliner... when I was 14. 
Could make it do anything... I wanted it to.
and... drove... many...Many... Miles... in a Cab Over... International.
but... 
I needed to know... what I have to do... to do it 'Legally' .... 
: ) 
He Roared. : ) : ) : )
My driving record... is spotless.
Spotless.
: )
After I hung up with him....
I thought about the song...
"I Hope You Dance"
The line... that says...
"When you think about 'selling out'... Reconsider."
oh my.
I ran this by Daughter, Liz.... as were taking down tents...
 as the Wind... was trying Hard to....
as well.
and...
we were....
Lugging... Packing... Hauling...
She said...
"Mom.... do it... This is Way... Way.... Too Hard."
: )
oh my. 
: )
Then... the phone rang....
it was someone asking...
 if she could come out.... and visit...the rabbit hole.
I told her we were working, and taring town, from the sale...
but... come on. : )
Turns out... the Girl... had left this area, 5 years ago.
She is moving back.
Brought one of her Friends.... whom... she had shared.... her Memories...
of The Rabbit Hole....with. : )
Seems....
It... is her... 'Happy Place'. <3 <3 <3 
{I thought I was the only one... who drew strength... from my 'Happy Places'.
I was Beyond...Honored... when she considered 'The Rabbit Hole'... hers. <3}
Though... we didn't really... get in to.... 'things'.....
I had the feeling... we both... have had a few... rough... years. 
I am Thankful... if we could... bring a little... solace... to her Soul. 
<3
I...used to be able... to do that...so easily.
I feel so bad... about how... little... I have to give.... these days.
oh my.
It takes... Everything...I Have... to get out of bed.
EVERYTHING. 
so...
doing a show...
or, a sale....
well...
let's just say....
The Angels... Carry me. : )
May God... Bless Them. <3 
I am a Load.
 : )
Love... to ya.
Barb C.




As I was sorting... at the end of the sale....
Throwing...Things...Away.
Liz... 'Dumpster Dived'... Mama's.... 'Trash'.
oh my.
She had a Pile... to take Home... with her.
It's... sad.
I see...so much Good... in these Beautiful.... Vintage... Pieces.
but... I have no room... left.
Yes... there are Many... Deals...
even...
 Free... Stuff...
 for
 Creative...Spirits...
down... the rabbit hole.
: )
{now... those creative sprits will have to dumpster dive. }

I...was taken back... when I saw Liz... giving Miss. Scarlett a Squeeze.... as she and The Ford...
were making another Round....
Another Load.... : )
It was only... 'Yesterday'... when I was the One... Giving the Squeeze. : )

: )
The Girls...
'Visitors'.
The Girl... on the right...
is standing in her...
'Happy Place'.
<3 <3 <3 
I took this image... when I sat down... tonight.
I don't even look in the mirror... these days.
When I loaded this image....
looked at it...
it made me think...
oh my.
well...
maybe... it's time...
to...
turn...
the...
page.
I'm putting the Book in God's Hands.

2 comments:

SistaMermaid said...

You do give, So much! I can't even tell you the feeling that came over me when I walked into your place again. I was trying to hold back tears. (Even before we talked) To be there, surrounded by your things, is like the most decadent desert for the eyes, for the soul. It's such a complete and beautiful experience. I've wanted to recreate it since the first time I walked in there between 6-10 years ago. (I can't remember just when it was.) I understand if you need to follow a new path in life now. But I know I am not alone in saying I would miss the rabbit hole terribly. I miss it already and I was just there yesterday. :)
I'll pray for both our roads to get a little better.
And I'll be seeing you real soon!
The girl on the right

Simply Iowa said...

oh... my.
I just sat down....tonight, and checked my e mail.
When I began...to read the above comment... I couldn't get through it.
too...many...tears.
Thank You.... Little Girl....for the Kind... words. : ) <3
Prayers to You... and all... who struggle... today.
See ya... soon. : )