Sunday, July 8, 2012

Happy Toads...Happy Fish....a Happy Day!

This Darling Little Toad... was waiting...next to the Old Fountain...inside the Green House... Friday Morning... He was Cooling his Belly... and wasn't a bit afraid of me.... Think he's found a new Home....
I rescued six Little Fish.... from tiny tanks...a couple months ago... I put them in the Big Fountain...where they have more than doubled...in size.... On these Hot...days... I take a bucket...and pull out 20 to 30 gallons of water....water the plants.... and replace it with Cold...Well Water... They Love It!!! and want to swim up the hose!
Happy...Happy...Fish.... : )

Had a Lovely day...yesterday...
As I was taking care of Critters... Some nice folks popped in... and visited the Rabbit Hole... It was starting to 'Cook'... by 10 a.m. and they didn't stay long... but...they found a few treasures...and I enjoyed visiting with their Children....
Then...my Nephew...stopped by... on my Dad's Daughter's side....{ I am an 'only' child...between my parents.... they had each been married once before...and each...had two girls...and a boy...all... much older than, myself... I have Nieces and Nephews...that are close to my age....and older than me...}
My Nephew, Bill...is one year younger.. {he kept correcting...me....after I would introduce him...as my Nephew...and laughed..."It seems Strange... to call you my 'Aunt'!!!".... His...Mom...my Sister...is 77... and my Oldest Brother..."Dad's Son... Bill said...is 80!!!! My Lord....How can That Be!!!???}
Well...Dad would be 99, this year... and Mom...is 92....Holy Smokes!!!
I hadn't seen Bill...in 25 years... {oh my}...
He and his Family... live in DC...
{he facebooked me...and wanted to get together...while visiting Iowa}
and...actually....
After Dad...past away...
I kind of... drifted...from them....
Bill asked me...about that.... and...still... it's hard for me to go there...
and Frankly... it's water...under the Bridge...
It was a Painful time...
I was Always...on Dad's side.... no matter...
and...I was Broken...
and...Raw... at that time...
so... I took...every word...to Heart...that was said...concerning...Him...
and...other gestures...as well...
I tend...to Burn...Bridges...when I get hurt....
and...I know...that's wrong... Dad wouldn't have wanted that....
Ever...
He Loved...All of His Children...so....
But...for me...it's easier...eliminating...the source of pain...
Than...Confronting it...
Self Preservation... I guess....
It was Great...seeing Bill...
We jumped in Jethro...and drove to Oxford, Iowa... Shared a Shrimp Po Boy...and a Couple of Beers...at Augusta's... {Wonderful Cajun Food!}.... and caught up...
I took him...to Dad's Grave...
and...even...invited him...into our Home...
{Messy... but then...It Is...What It Is!}
He didn't mind a bit... {it's a 'Conner' Thing... No Worries...}
I think...we could have talked...for days....
{another..'Conner'...Thing...we are a bit...ahhh 'Windy!' : ) }
It was great seeing Bill...and catching up...a bit...on Dad's Family...
They are Good...People....
As Bill was leaving...I said...at this rate...I look forward to seeing him...in another 25 years...I'll be 74, and Bill 73... : ) {Bill thought it would be sooner...}
I wonder what I'll be Burnin' the Rubber on... on That Day!!!
Hope you had a Wonderful...Day...
and a Better One...
Today...
Love to Ya!
Barb C.



No comments: