Sunday, July 22, 2012

Farm Auction!!!

We paid a Bunch...for these windows ...{Mark has the other...} Neither of us have ever seen this style....soooo Tiny! I stepped up...for the Civil War Stars.... as well... Those are really...the only two purchases...I felt...I went too high on....but...as a whole...the load will average out...The back bidder is a friend...and I don't like that...but....I have done this since I was a little girl... Dad would send me...to do his bidding...for him... and...I know...if I never bid against a friend....I may as well...not go to an Auction....Nothing personal... it's an Auction....and...how we stay alive... I really dig...the Brown Bottles...with the Funky Tags.... very Fun!
There were cars lined up...FOREVER....East...and West...of The Old Farm!
Got a Pretty good Load...at the Auction...and it was...Kind of Fun...In a Crazy sort of way....It was tuff to buy.....there were folks there...from several States...! Mark and I shared some things...that we both wanted....so we didn't beat ourselves up....bidding against each other....{We have done that...on private buys... over the years...as well...it eliminates hard feelings....when we both like the same thing... : )} I bought an old Cupboard...for Liz....if she wants it....Mark and I bought a dozen porch posts ...together....and a pair of windows....we may live with...forever....I Payed ... A Lot ... for them! but ... after waiting all day...for them...we were both determined...Mark said.."Run 'em!".... so...I did...! {Auctions! Arg!}
Mark got the Deal of the Day...on this Amana Table...It's a Beauty .... He's going to put it in his house. I bought the Lazy Boy...it matches one...I have in the house! For 5.00! Love It!....
There was tons of Machinery....and 8 Hay Racks...Full...of Stuff!
This is about half of the crowd.... It was Huge....For being such a Hot Day....I was surprised how many attended...and stayed throughout the Auction....

No comments: