Sunday, July 1, 2012

Amana Open Wardrobe.... {ca. 1870's}

Found this Old Amana Open Wardrobe....yesterday afternoon....
It's very....wonderful...
I have never...seen one...
It never had doors....every board...is Hand Planed...
and I can see...all of the beautiful traces....
It's all square nailed...
Still has all of  the Cast Hooks...it started with... 
The Old Redish...Brown....surface...is as good as it gets....
Amana pieces...are getting few, and far between....
So many of these original pieces....have went....far away....
The Amana Colonies...was a German settlement...of seven Villages...only 11 miles South of here...
Kind...of like the Shakers.... and lived Communally....from the mid 1800's until...the late 1920's...or early 30's.... Google Amana Colonies... for more history...it's very interesting....
I would like to find out...where something like this was used... a Communal Kitchen...? a School?... I don't know.... It is something...I have never seen...in  Old...Amana Furniture...
It was my Treasure of the day....
I found a Nice...Load...for the 4th....
It's going to be a Great Show!
I'll be around...the Shop...Today...
when it gets hot... I'm shutting it down.....
I got...Too...Hot...yesterday...
not gonna do that...today...: )
Love to ya!
Stay Cool!
Barb C. 

No comments: