Wednesday, February 17, 2010

For Janet...

I had a wonderful visit, yesterday, with my Pal, Janet... She encouraged me, to put my own image on the blog, instead of the gnarly statue, I have at the store... I always torture people, about putting their photo on, and always get them captured, one way, or the other... And, I think they are all beautiful... But... When it comes time, to put my own on...forget it.... Well, here I am... what you see, is what you get! I'm hoping, and trying, for a much slimmer version... Don't hold your breath...What you see, may be the best I can be...
I love Janet... she calls it, just the way she see's it... and I respect her, for her honesty... Another reason, I love this business so... If I didn't do Gold Rush, in Rochester, MN. our paths may have never crossed...
See ya soon, Janet... May will be here, before we know it! { hope we can hook up, before!}
Barb C.
{ I have added all of our show dates, to the calender of events, it's not too pretty, everything is double spacing... I even called my pal Sharon, {sweet repose} for help, we both scratched our heads... Well, it's in black and white, and you'll get the info, no matter how it looks!}
{ I had a better pic, but there was a roll of shredded up t.p. on the stove,behind me, that the cat destroyed... grrr....} {don't ask why it was on the stove....}

8 comments:

Barntiques said...

You are so pretty. And yes, you should have your photo on your blog. (I am still avoiding it!) I always enjoy your posts. Thanx for sharing your ideas and info!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hey Barb, great photo. I'm like you, I love taking photos of everyone else, but I'm so critical of myself. But so good to see you smiling there! Hope you're having a great "pre-spring"!
hugs,
Debra

Lori R. said...

Love this pic! It's good,,, what are you thinking is wrong with it??? Oh, you are just being too picky with yourself... We love ya just the way you are!!!! My picture? Well....aaa.... yeah....okay, I will get right on that...

summersundays-jw said...

That's a great picture. I thought you were pretty cute in your faded overalls but you wouldn't let me take a picture. We just are what we are & you're just pretty darn cute. Good for Janet for making you come out of the shadows. Jan

summersundays-jw said...

That's a great picture. I thought you were pretty cute in your faded overalls but you wouldn't let me take a picture. We just are what we are & you're just pretty darn cute. Good for Janet for making you come out of the shadows. Jan

Debby said...

I started reading your blog last summer. One day, I read all morning. . . You are interesting to read with your ups and downs, shopping adventures, and friends. At the time, my mom was in her final days after a long bout with cancer, we had closed our retail store because of the economy, and I didn't have a job. So, it was nice to get lost reading about your hectic life. I live in eastern NC and, I may never meet you - so, it is great to see this nice picture of you! Keep having fun! Debby

Simply Iowa said...

Debby,
A comment back, for you... since I can't seem to send a personal comment, to you, I will reply back, after your comments...
Thank you, so much, for the wonderful comment...and, I am so sorry, for your loss... Dare I say, I know all too well, how you feel...
In my heart, I know, we will all be together again, where the 'C' word, has no place...
I wish I would have known you, last summer... My Pal, Allyson, took me on a trip to the Outer Banks... and we were in North Carolina, for a week... You live in a beautiful State... I truly enjoyed traveling through...
I hope we meet, sometime, but you'll learn more about me, and my crazy life, right here... This is therapy, for me, and my blogger friends have been a Godsend...
Please take care, and keep moving foreword... one day at a time... And don't forget to look up, once in a while...
My Love to You...
Barb C.

elizabeth said...

Mom, who ever this Janet is, I need her around when I want something done!! Seems like she can get through to you, haha. You are so cute, and don't say you are not because we look just alike! Love ya