Saturday, February 13, 2010

Me and My Dad...

This is one, of only two, images, I have of my Dad, and I.... I was his Pumpkin, and Caboose... Dad called me that, because, he was 50, when I was born, and I was the end of the line, for kid's... He took me with him, everywhere...even when I was in diapers...{ His friends would rib him, about changing diapers, in those days, Dad's didn't do that sort of thing...} He taught me how to drive, when I was 7... and was perched on the top of phone books, driving down the gravel roads... He had me riding ponies, before I could walk, and said one of the saddest days of his life, was when he took me rollerskating, and I had found 'my legs', and didn't need to cling to his arm, any longer... He thought I hung the Moon, and let me know, there was nothing I couldn't do, if I set my mind to it... I heard a saying, the other day, about Fathers... It's not who they were, it's who you remember they were... Nothing could be more true...

1 comment:

cconz said...

What a wonderful story about your dad. I think men like that are far a few between. Those are great memories to hang on to.