Monday, January 4, 2010

And We Think we are Advanced....

I picked up a book the other day, titled " The Smithsonian Treasury: American Quilts" And as I was flipping through the pages, of stunning quilts, I came across one that stole my heart, a wonderful Crazy Quilt... but the message that was hand sewn, on it, really touched my soul... There is so much good in the worst of us, And there is so much bad in the best of us, That it scarcely behooves any of us, To talk about the rest of us. The Smithsonian must have seen it's importance too, they quoted it in their book... This quilt was created in 1897. How true, how true...

2 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

Great stories!!! Jan

pollyanns said...

Too weird... Just last week I made a decal to put on a plate with that saying... my reads slightly different, but is that same saying. How weird is that?