Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Card...

I leave this Christmas card, but more importantly, the envelope, in my Old Store Cupboard, year around, for all to see. This card was sent to me, from my dear friend, Eudora...She adorned the envelope, with her beautiful calligraphy. She was an amazing woman, with so many accomplishments, and talents... Eudora was an outstanding writer, and wrote articles for many of the top magazines and periodicals in the Country...I would have her proof read, some of my feeble attempts, at writing, and she was always so helpful, and encouraging. Eudora was one, of few, in my life, that truly was the wind beneath my wings... The greatest gifts we receive in life, are in packages, that we somehow, don't always appreciate, until they are gone...And take for granted, they will always be there... I remember our last conversation, Eudora eluded to the fact, that she may not be here forever, and I laughed, and said she would out live me, by a long shot... She was so strong, and full of life... That is how I saw her... A friend said to me, after Eudora had passed away, how 'weak', she had seemed for so many years... Funny, I never saw that... Eudora was always a 'Pillar of Strength', in my eyes.... Eudora sent me this card, Christmas, 2007... it was to be her last.... I still have her name and number, programed into my cell phone, and know, it will always stay right there... Barb C. I keep coming back to this post, and editing it... I want it to be written perfect, or as perfect as I can get it... My best 'editor', deserves my very best...

No comments: