Thursday, September 2, 2010

Gatherings from Wednesday!

Here's Peg and Clohe... What a sweet pair... What a day... We ran to see Charlie, at his Barn Sale, 17 miles south of Mt.Pleasant, Iowa...on 218... go see him! And... we ran garage sales...in Mt.Pleasant... oh my... Wound up, somehow, in the Vintage Tractor Parade... and 3 miles an hour... oh my... { Midwest Old Threshers Reunion is going on... } Had to get a Police Officer involved, to get us out.... oh dear...What a day.... Peg just kept laughing... me?... ah.. not so much... These are the lamps, I had to go back for.... They are the Craziest things... I surprise myself...sometimes... whew... They would be great theatrical props... whew... You may not believe it... but... I'm actually throwing it around, in my totally 'Buzzed' brain, to use the large, wild pair, in Justin's old room.. with the massive cherry rope bed... the bed has striking, tall posters, and enormous finials... hmmm... These are the coolest tables... they are from the 50's or 60's.... but... the base's look super early! All dry, and gnarly... I may cover the tops in fabric, and, or, tin... maybe both... I have 6 or 7 of them... some 3x3...some3x6... Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!! Grinding Stones!!!! Love the little pig... he was in a ladies yard.... he looks scary here... but not in person... he's a sweet pea! {check out the galvanized, long spouted piece... just behind the pig.... it's a separator filler, from Cherry Company, Cedar Rapids, Iowa... 1905.... How Cool is that!
I'm flyin' high... I can't believe I can type this fast...think this fast...and... misspell so many words.... YEEEEEAAASSSHHH!!!!!
Barb C.

3 comments:

Gatherings said...

well at least we avoided the cops last week!

Gracie's Cottage said...

Oh he is pigalicious...love him.

By the way, you have me saying "gnarly" all the time now, (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

:)

Jan

Judy said...

Would love to spend a couple of days in your shoes--without overdose of meds! Glad to see your friend,Peg, is back with you and I love that you wound up in parade. Your trove of treasures never ceases to amaze me. judy@leolas