Sunday, July 26, 2026

Hot... and Sultry.


Took a stroll this evening to check on the Tomatoes, and Herbs.
At 6:15, it was still 90 degrees in Fairfax.
You could almost cut the Haze of humidity with a knife.
Late July... in Iowa.
; )
'Sweltering'.


Picked quite a few little Tomatoes that were more than ready.
They're very Sweet.
<3

Snipped a few Herbs, as well 
Their Scent is Intoxicating.
<3



The 'Jungle'... is Happy.
; )
Pretty.
<3



Pal, Allyson invited me to go to the Hiawatha Farmer's Market, with her... this morning, then... grab Brunch at Edith Lucielle's.

Don't know if it was the Heat... or my worry, and lack of sleep, concerning Miss. Peanut, but...
I was in rare form this morning.
Wasn't up for a CROWD, the Crazy Parking, and Insane Traffic!!
GADS!!!

It was a ZOO!!
; )
It's a Good thing Allyson was driving.
; )
had I... been driving,
 would've said...
"No Thanks"... and a little more, when I saw that 
Insanity!!
oh.... my.
; )

Did get a little sassy, while we were making our second lap... trying find a place to park, while stuck in a mile long traffic jam.
{I'm not usually... this 'sassy'.}
; )
said...
"I can tell Ya this much... right now, there's Not One Thing... inside that Farmer's Market that's worth this much Frustration." 

We found a place to park...
; )

We did buy some Heirloom Tomatoes.
Allyson bought some Wax Beans... 
All of the Produce looked pretty good.
It was pricey, in my opinion, but... those People Work very Hard doing these Events.
It's not just the 'Event' costs, just like Antique People, who do Shows.
It's all of the work, and cost... that's endured Long Before... the 'Event'.
At least with Antiques, ya don't have to worry about 'Time'.
These Farmer's have a very small 'window' to do business.
I'd much rather pay a little more, at these Market's for 'locally grown', and support Small Business.

Yeah... I've been on my last nerve... for quite a while.
{Dad would refer to it as being a little "Owly".}
<3

Poor Allyson.
; )

We had the same, Sweet Waiter, at Edith Lucielle's, this Noon, who waited on me, on John's Birthday.
: )
He walked up to me, and asked...
"Black Russian... for Ya Today??!!"
: )
Hahahahaha...
Told him, didn't think... I'd better.
: )
Water was Just... Fine.
; )

Allyson and I... had a lovely visit.
Allyson is a Huge Animal Lover, too.
<3
She knows how difficult, and worrisome it is when our 4 legged Children are suffering.
: (...........

Not certain what this week is going to bring.
Have Much to Do...
but 'much'... will depend on the weather.

Christine, Peanut's now... Vet, will be back in her Clinic. She was gone most of last week.
I'll be calling her, in the morning.

Peanut did eat a little, last night, and a little... this morning, and late afternoon.
: )
Encouraging... maybe.
One day... at a time.

Love to Ya...
Prayers for All.

Barb C.
 

Indeed.
; )



No comments: