Thursday, May 2, 2019

New Day.

I'd like to Thank...Everyone, who attended Junk Jubilee.
It was a Wonderful Event!
Miccia, and her Family...do Such an Amazing Job!
It was great, seeing Everyone. : )
The grass...seems to have grown 3 inches over the weekend,
 so Much...to get done, around the rabbit hole.
I'm going to be Open...this Saturday, and Sunday, from 10-5, daily.
Trying to get things...put together, it's been such a Long...Winter.
Seems, Old Man Winter....doesn't want to Let Go, this year.
It feels more like the first of April...than, May.
I was looking back, at some of the images, of the rabbit hole...then, all of a sudden, my little old laptop died.
That, was a couple nights back.
Lost, a few things...
but, Thankfully...our Neighbor, is a Computer Whiz, and...we're back on track.
So...I'm gonna post a few pictures, from 'Yesterdays'.
I always think about my Sister, Chery...this time of year.
Her Birthday, was April 29th.
I Miss her, so much.
We were 21 years apart...and, didn't become Close, until...I, was about 21.
Then...we were Best Friends.
We talked...several times a day, every day.
I stayed with Chery...the last couple of months of her life.
I...can't believe, she's been gone, over 15 years.
Chery's the one who made me fall in Love....with 'Old'.
Things, were always up in the air....when I was little, and growing up.
but....
Not, at Chery's Home. <3
When we'd go to visit her, her Home...was Always, Always...so Warm, and Inviting.
<3
Her Home...was filled, with Antiques.
She loved to Garage Sale, and refinish.
Chery, was always working on something. : )
I, knew...when I moved out on my own, I...too, was going to furnish it with
Old...Soulful, pieces.
<3
That's exactly...what I did.
I was 15, when I moved out on my own.
Bought an old 10x50 mobile home, for 600.00.
It was Winter, my Beloved Hound... 'Dolsey',
 {she was a Great Dane, that a Friend, had heard about...Dolsey's prior owners were going to have her put down, if they couldn't find a home for her...right away. I took her in. <3 }
and I... had some mighty cold nights, in that old trailer.
The door, if you could call it a Door, was a Screen Door, with plywood over it.
There was ice, frozen in the sink...where, thankfully...the faucet was dripping. The pipes weren't frozen, and broken.
The drainpipe, was gone...under the sink, so I used a 5 gallon bucket, under it, to catch the wash water...then, I'd dump it down the bathtub drain.
I scrounged, and hit the St.Vincent de Paul....along with the rest of the Second Hand Stores, and furnished that old trailer, quite nicely. <3
I, also went to Auctions, and bought Antiques...that, at That time, nobody wanted.
The 1920's pieces, and...old, Primitives.
I bought a dining room table, and 6 chairs...for 2.50.
Yes...Two Dollars, and Fifty Cents.
It, was Home....for Dolsey, and me. <3
The furnace worked, but....had to be turned off and on, manually.
So...I'd get it Boiling Hot, inside...before we went to bed, at night.
and... before, I had to leave, for the day.
I worked, and went to school.
At night, Dolsey and I...would lay in bed, listening to Tammy Wynette, Linda Ronstadt,
and...The Eagles.
<3
 Had an old record player, Mom bought me, when I was 12, or so....that I wouldn't have traded for anything.
: )
Oh...My.
So, many...miles.
: )
I've got more, to share....but, it's been a Long, day.
: )
Big Plans, coming soon.
Love, to Ya.
Barb C.





Polly, reminded me of Dolsey, in so many...ways.
200 per cent... Devoted.
John would tell me, he always knew...when I was getting close to Home, after being on the road...for days.
Polly, would stay in my chair....until about an hour, before I pulled in.
Then... Polly, would go sit....by the door. and....wait. <3 <3 <3 


Chery, was an Amazing...Woman. <3
John, was pretty picky, about who he Loved.
: )
Who, he... 'Respected'.
He carried Chery's obituary in his wallet. I, didn't know that...until a few years ago.
He, Adored...Chery.
She, was....a Beautiful...Person. Inside, and Out. <3 

Admiral.
He was with me...from the time I was 12.
He was 4 months old.
<3
Admiral, is buried here.
He was 27 years old...when he passed away.
He...was an Amazing...Thoroughbred.
I paid 50.00 dollars for him.
Nobody...understood, what a Giant, he was.
His Lines, went back to War Admiral, and Man O War.
Smartest Horse, I've ever known. <3
He...could Fly...like the Wind. <3 


Peg. <3
She, reminded me, So Much....of Chery.
I, told her that...often.
<3
Peg, always said... that I, was the Sister, she never had.
I Miss...her, So. <3
She, and...Chery, would've been The Best, of Friends.
I, feel, So Blessed, to have had them Both...in my life. <3


No comments: