Thursday, May 30, 2019

I'm...Back. Thank You, for waiting...on me.

Thanks, for being so patient, with me.
: )
Life, for the Old...Mad Hatter, has been quite 
'Round the Bend'...lately.
or, should I say...
'Still'.
Hahahaha!!!
It's Always...
Somethin'!
for...Everyone, it seems.
I, really, don't know where to begin.
Maybe, I'll start with Gold Rush.
I, won't get in to all of the details, but...
I, was Truly...Tested, there.
It was the first Big, Event...I took on, alone...
since the accident.
Last year, was a disaster for Liz, and Adam...
They, Thank God, set my booth there, did a Beautiful...Job, and...
it hit rock bottom. 
We lost a lot of money, that we couldn't afford to lose.
I, wasn't going to go back...but, I So Love...my Friends, there, and The Promoters, I...couldn't let them down.
My body, is still...broken, and healing...
so, taking this on, was pretty tuff.
Everything, turned upside down, when I pulled in.
My door was, that's the back of my booth, was blocked, and I couldn't unload.
The Folks, blocking it, didn't leave space, for anyone...besides themselves, to unload.
That, has never happened.
We have a rhythm, all of us, who've done Gold Rush, for years... that allows us All, room...to get through. 
I'm the only one, who leaves space, for Everyone.
This time, I...couldn't even unload, into my own booth. 
I was there, a half hour, before the doors were to open, but...they'd opened them early, and I was blocked out.
Knowing, I'd need help, unloading...I had two Porters, lined up.
They had to leave, and help others. 
They, couldn't wait...for the two people blocking my booth, they...had to move on. 
so...
I knew, I was going to have to unload that Massive Load, alone, or...not, at all.
I, was Frantic. 
My, mind...was racing.
We only have three hours to Unload.
By the time the guys pulled out, and unblocked my booth, I was down to less...than two.
Sadly, when one, pulled out, and I could back in, the other...was over so far, no one...could get past my Truck.
That's Not...the way things go, at Gold Rush.
We try to help...Everyone.
I, was...pretty much, beyond...my boiling point.
I thought about, not unloading, at all.
Just, pay the booth rental, and...go Home.
I went ahead, and started unloading.
Got, a lot...unloaded. Then, our Friends, The 'Good' Boys, stopped by, to see what I brought, and helped me with several of the big pieces.
Angels. <3
I kept working, and....nearly, got everything off. 
It, was Tuff.
My body, isn't used to that, after being laid up, for so long.
I, move...much slower, and am much...softer, than I was, before the accident.
Unloading...those Masses, mostly...alone, was beyond, difficult, and my body hurt, pretty bad.
I, had some pretty strong words...with the two men, who blocked my booth.
They, had a few...for me, as well.
At the end, of the show... I apologized to them both, and...they, me.
I...even thanked, the one man.
I told him, I think...the reason, I was so...upset, was because...deep, inside...
I, was afraid.
Because, of him...I learned, I Could...Unload the Truck, by myself.
<3 
That's a pretty big deal. 
<3 <3 <3 
{That's a God Wink ; ) }
This, is an old picture, of one of my Loads. : ) They, all...look the same.
Big...Heavy.
To The Door.
<3

So, all...in all, it was a Blessing. 
The Show, was Good, and...I truly Enjoyed seeing my Beautiful...Gold Rush Friends.
I, Missed seeing Bruce, and Nancy, my Neighbors.
: (
I, Hope...they are o.k. <3 
I packed up early, on Sunday.
I, Never...do that.
but...knowing, how slow my body moves, I knew...if I waited to load, at 4, I'd be there until July.
As I got close, to loading the Big...Beautiful, Lady's Dressing Mirror, some Beautiful Women, were admiring it.
<3 
I, didn't care...if they bought it, but...I Really wanted to take their Picture with it.
Three Generations.
<3
Priceless.
The Ladies... wound up purchasing the Beautiful...
Dressing Mirror. 
That, as the Story goes, once...resided in a 'House of Ill Repute' in Savanna, Illinois.
: )
I'll Never forget, how the Elderly Folks, I bought the Mirror from, Enjoyed, telling me, That...Story.
<3 <3 <3
I, also captured a picture... of my Neighbor, at Gold Rush, with his Beautiful...Granddaughter, who was helping him, and his Lovely...Wife. <3 <3 <3 
in..the Old, Old... Mirror.
: )
Priceless.
<3
This, is what The FUSO...looked like, when I loaded out.
 yeah.
Much, lighter load, coming Home.
That, was a Blessing.
{almost}
: )
The 'Good' Boys, had an Amazing...Tramp Art Cupboard.
They, had a Heavy...Load, going Home.
so...
I Lightened it, a bit.
: )
They even Loaded it, for me!
<3 <3 <3 
I was feelin'...pretty good, when I rolled in, to Home.
Then, I was 'Served', by the City of Fairfax, concerning our Grandkids' Chickens.
oh my.
We've had Chickens, Horses, Geese, a Cow...over the years.
40 Years.
Now... they don't want our Chickens.
oh my.
First, a walking trail.
now...
Chickens.
hahahahaha.
There's been so Much, going on....
my Head, is Spinning.
Birthdays.
Me, and Jack... are another year older.

5 Years...have passed, since losing John.
That...day, May 25th, was a very...Dark...Day. 
Every Day, is a Dark...Day, without John. 
I...wish, I could say, time heals. 
It, doesn't. 
I'm much better, when I keep very...busy.
John, was the same way.
He, always 'Worked' through the most difficult times.
Dad, too.
<3 
So, not having the Sale...
No...Memorial Day Weekend Sale, this year. Thought the IDOT would be working here, so I called it off.
: (
well...it left a lot of 'Time', on my hands.
I was thankful...for Wanda, who spent the day with me...trying to pull the things together, down the rabbit hole. <3
She's been such a Gift...in my life.
I, am...Blessed. <3
As we worked, Peg...crossed my mind, a Thousand Times. <3 

The Month of May...
has filled my mind, with 
Children, Grandchildren, Lilacs, Birthdays, Battles, Bloody Mary's, Hearts, Concrete, Friends, Chickens, Pigs, Horses, Losses, Weeping Mary, Heartache, Tornadoes, Flash Floods, Beautiful People, City Hall, Critters, Neighbors, Work,Wild Strawberries, Lucky Strike Cigarettes,
Lilies...and, Many...'Winks', from Above. 
<3 
: (
My Heart, is very sad, because a Dear Friend, lost his Mother, on the 11th. 
I, didn't know, until...yesterday.
: (
I would've been there....
had my mind, not been so...insane.
My, mistake.
This Vortex, will suck you in, if...you allow it.
I've.... allowed it. 
: (
My, mistake. 
I've been so, Extremely....Blessed, by such Good, and Caring..Folks, in my life.
'The Vortex'.... is such a waste. 
It makes me Sick, I've given 'It', so much.
and, my Dear...Ones, so little.
Heartbreaking. 
 Love...to ya.
Barb C.
{I didn't mention... The Angels, on my 'List'. <3
They, wouldn't want me, to.
I, couldn't have made it Through, this...month, of May...Without Them. }


























No comments: