Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Sometimes...I shake my head.

Nothing else...to do.
: )
Our drain..has been giving me fits...for months.
Too Busy...
Too...
'between work', to take on the time, and expense....to fix it.
Until...today.
Thought it would be pretty simple, like last time...{this Spring} 
yet, expensive.
It, was expensive....today, to find out...it's gonna be a LOT MORE...expensive.
: )
Tree roots, are involved... this time. 
It's a simple, gray water line, but...will flood the basement, if it won't drain.
We're gonna have to tear the yard up...this time.
I, can't afford to hire someone to do it....
so...
I'm gonna rent a back hoe, and... call in, 
The Boys.
: )
Justin and Brandon. : )
We have Friends, who used to do this kind of work...
I'm hoping...I can hire them, to supervise. 
Last time, I hired 'professionals'...
Three years ago...on a sewer line...
It took me a year, to get the bill paid off.
and...
they left a HUGE Mess...of the yard.
Not, doing that...again. 
I'm not so sure, the 'professionals'...aren't the cause, of this mess.
I, think...they may have damaged this tile, when they dug...all over the yard, trying to find, the tile...they were supposed to be working on.
It was...a Mess.
So, we'll fix the yard, they screwed up...when we dig, again.
Oh Boy!!! 
: )
Seems, when it Rains...it Pours.
They had 11 inches of rain, North of us, last night.
Tornadoes...
North, and...South, of us.
One, was just one County, away.
about 20 miles.
so, I...feel Blessed. 
Things, could be much worse.
Prayers, go out...to those Folks.
It's easy...to get frustrated...when things, seem to pile up.
but, 
when ya look around, our 'problems'...are so small, compared to so many.
When I came inside...after working with the drain guy...outside.
It was Hot, and HUMID... 
I, sat down...at the Old...Harvest Table, {only me and Harold, could Love... {and, Ed. } 
It's piled....with all sorts of stuff.
Miss. Scarlett's stuff, Stuff, I'm sorting, from the last estate sale. Mail, Bills... : )
under a pile, was a small photo album.
It has pictures in it, that John and I, took, when we were building on the addition...to the House.
: )
I, saw this one....
and remembered...that moment.
I, didn't know, John...had taken this picture.
John, had been putting up the walls, I...was on the road, every day.
I, remember...coming Home, that night...and...sitting...in a 'room'...that didn't have walls, when I'd left, that morning.
I...sat there...
'Seeing'...

this room, just...as it is...today. 
Everyone else...saw a bunch of 2x6's....carefully...put together.
I...saw...
This.

I, don't think...even John...who Created This Masterpiece, with his Two Hands....
had, any idea...
how Beautiful...this, would be.
{He, in the beginning...didn't have a lot...of 'faith'...in the 'Old Junk'...I dragged Home, that...I wanted him, to use...: ) 
but, it saved us so much money... : )
{something...we never had much...of. }
 He liked that idea. : )
 thankfully...John, wasn't...'trained'...or, influenced...by modern carpenters. 
{'any' : ) John, was 'self taught'...He, was an Artist <3 }
 So, he wasn't afraid to Try...to incorporate...Salvage. <3 }

I was visiting with Liz, earlier...
after...
I got the news, about...the drain.
There's been a few other things, too.
disappointing....kinda....worrisome...
things.
She said...
"Seems We Can't Get a Break!!!"
: )
Yeah,  : )
We...
are 
Pretty Blessed. 
: ) : ) : ) 
Love, to ya....
Barb C.



I told Liz...
If her Dad, could climb...all of the Mountains, he did...
without Blinking,
I...guess...we could, too. : )
He set a pretty darned...Good, example. : ) <3 <3 <3 

No comments: