Sunday, July 16, 2017

Hot...Sundays in July. One never knows, how they'll end up.

Started this Sunday Morning...off, clipping Poison Ivy.
: )
Oh My.
I was up...early, with LONG Handled Trimmers, Cutting.
before...it got Hot.
: )
Miss. Scarlett, spent the night, with me....
Son, Justin...Katie, Little Justin, and Miss. Meadow came out...as I was trimming, to feed Critters.
It was Good, seeing the Kids. 
I had to chuckle....
Miss. Scarlett, is still...afraid of Scout. {Horse <3 }
Little, Miss. Meadow...is Fearless. So is her Brother, little 'J'.
Scarlett, is All Girl. <3
Meadow, reminds me...of me, when I was little.
Love Them All, <3 <3 <3 
but...it's so interesting, to see their personalities.
Liz, told me...years ago, on Miss. Scarlett's altrasound, she had her little feet crossed, like...a
 'little lady'. 
She, still does. In so many of the pictures I take of her...she has her little feet, crossed. : ) 
Meadow, on the other hand...
was feeding Scout, and the Chickens....
She even got pecked...by one.
She just turned around, and said...
"Ooooops."
: )
A Friend, called last week, and asked if I'd help him...try and figure out...what to do, with some of his stuff.
I, went over...this afternoon.
: )
Oh....dear.
Went through a ton of stuff...
then, he pulled out one of his Toy Boxes...from when he was little.
Oh...dear.
One Big Box, was Full...of Wonderful...
Toy Trucks.
: )
I spent an hour...Playing with Those Toys!!!
: ) : ) : ) 
Who knew, this morning, when I opened my eyes...
This afternoon, I'd be digging...in a Wonderful...Big...Wooden Box,
Filled, with Awesome...Old...Toy...Trucks?????!!!!
{God, I Love...my job. : ) }
Then, he showed me an old...wooden suitcase.
My Friend, said...it was given to him...in the mid 1970's, from a Man, who was in his 90's, then.
The Man, was a Cobbler. He repaired Shoes. <3
It was like a time capsule. 
Wow.
The Old...Pin Cushion...inside, was... incredible.
I was dusting it off, and...my Friend, couldn't understand why.
I was trying to see the writing on it.
It's Sooooo Cool!!!





The Old, Wooden Suitcase...was Filled, with Tools...for Shoe Repair.
When I was in Winston Salem, NC., years ago...with my Pal, Alyson...
we visited with a Cobbler.
He said, back in the day...the cost of Shoes, to have them made...was over a Month's Wages.
I'm not sure...he didn't say 3 months. 
We, weren't...always...a 'Throw Away Society'. : (
Front and back...of the Old, Cobbler's...Pin Cushion.
LOVE, how it's filled with Boar's Hair.
LOVE...how it was repaired.
It still has several...leather sewing needles, in it.
Wow!!!

Went through...a Ton...of Stuff, today.
From Antique Furniture...to, Coins... and Jewelry.
I gave my Friend, some 'direction'...to get working on.
: )
I'll help him...late, this Fall, pull a Sale...together.
: )

Love...Love...Love.
Little 'J', Miss. Meadow, and...
Miss. Scarlett, keeping her Distance. : )
While I was Whacking Poison Ivy, I ran across this Old...Old...Boot Scraper, buried...in The Weeds!!!
Hope, Your Sunday...was Wonderful.
Love, to ya...
Barb C. 
{Love the tune, above. : ) 
It's pretty Cool. : ) : ) : ) 
I've been...Guilty, of a 'Damned Good Time', 
a 'Time'...or, two....
too.  ; )  }

No comments: