Thursday, June 22, 2017

Gettin' Ready for Simply Iowa's 'Old Glory' Open House, July 1, 2, 3 and 4!!!

Oh Boy!
but...
before I tackle That...
I'm Cleanin' House.
It's a DISASTER!!!!
: )
Worked in the yard, all day, then...headed to the store.
We are Out...of Everything!
Poor Sweetie, looks at me...like Old Mother Hubbard's Dog.
yes...
The Cupboards were Bare. 
{She always...has her food, but...she likes her Treats. 
{Meat and Cheese!!! : ) 
Scrambled Eggs, are a disappointment...in the Morning! } 
I haven't done laundry, for weeks.
The drain is giving me fits...again. Spent two hours...last night, in the rain...
Digging a Big Hole, about three feet, down...to get to the drain tile.
Sweetie, was Not...Amused. : )
We were both, Soaked to the Skin.
I, couldn't get the tile unplugged.
Gonna have to Put The Boys, on it. 
{They'll Love...That! : ) }
{I've got the hard part...done. 
They'll Love...That! : ) }
The Old Outhouse... found a Home, today.
It's headed to Des Moines!
The Folks, who saw it, at Junk Jubilee, in April...
decided, they Had...to Have It!
The Sisters, I got it from, will be Happy...it's found a Great Home!
{They, grew up, Using It!!! : ) }

I had to drive The Gypsy Ford, today.
Jethro, was loaded from the 1823 2nd. Ave. Sale, 
So...is The Ford.
{As we were cleaning, Anne... didn't want to pitch some usable things, in the Dumpster, so...she sent them Home, with me. : ) <3 }
I, was Beat...from doing yard work...all day, and didn't want to take an hour, in the heat...to unload them.
So, I decided to drive the Cleanest Vehicle...with enough room, for shopping.
The Gypsy Ford! : ) <3
I, Love... driving that Gypsy Ford. : )
Little Kids, just...Love Her...too. : )
At one of my stops, a Man, and his Daughter...
{she, was about 8 years old, I'd guess...}
were getting out of their Beautiful...Ford...Super Duty, as I was climbing in....The Old Gypsy.
Their Truck...was Black, New...had Chrome...out the Wazoo...
Wow, It Was Sharp!
{Probably...a 70,000 Truck. Wow! : ) }
but, the little Girl... was Mesmerized... by The Old...Gypsy. <3
She kept turning around...as they walked, telling her Dad...something, and pointing at The Gypsy...
her Dad...kept draggin' her along. : ) : ) : ) 
{he wasn't impressed, by a Rusty...Old...Monster Truck! : ) }
: ) : ) : )
Then, when I got to Target...
a Mom and Dad...with a Little Boy, about 3, or 4...walked in front of us...
as, we waited.
: )
The Little Boy, was Waving His Hands...non Stop...and Grinning...from Ear to Ear, 
at The Old Gypsy! : ) : ) : ) 
{His Mom...was Laughing!!! }
I, Revved the Old Gypsy Up....and 'Rolled Coal'...out of her Stacks, for Him!
His Eyes... got as Big as Saucers!!!!
Hahahahahaha!!!
: )
Yeah, She's...Quite...an Old Ford. : ) <3 <3 <3 
I'm going to Stay Home...and Clean, until Monday.
Then...
I'm Puttin' Everything Together... for The Old Glory Open House.
It'll take me, all week.
Lot's of New Arrivals. : )
I, think...it's gonna be Fun!
{I'm gonna have Wine, on hand...for after 6, in the Evenings....during The Open House.
: ) Hope, you'll stop by. : ) }
I'll be Open, July 1 thru 4, from 8 a.m. 'til....Whenever. : ) {at least...6 }
Love, to ya...
Barb C. 

I'm going to try and find a video...of a Ford Powerstroke, kind of like...the Old Gypsy...and post it, above. : )
So you can see, what 'Rollin' Coal'... means, for those...who don't know. : )
I'm gonna have to capture a video, of The Gypsy...Rollin' Coal. 
She's... Cool. : ) : ) : ) <3 <3 <3
Not a Straight Part...on 'er....
except, for her Chrome...Stacks. : )
but,
She's...Cool. : )
{Thanks, to Son, Justin...for putting a 'Chip'...in the Old Gypsy.
 It gave her...a LOT...More Power.
and, the ability...to Roll a little Coal, now...and then. : ) : ) : ) }
: ) : ) : )


No comments: