Saturday, June 10, 2017

Been Busy....Busy! Workin' on another 'Living' Estate Sale...and, 'Gathering'. {oh....dear. }

The 'Living' Estate Sale, is coming Fast!
This Thursday, thru Sunday!
Oh Boy! : )
{I'll be posting posting about 'It'..in a little bit. : ) }
Thought I'd catch up...with other...'Things', before I post, for The Sale.
I'll have to leave that post up, the rest of the week, as...I'm directing Folks, to see the 'details'...
'Here'.
: )
{They..probably...aren't interested in The Mad Hatter. : ) }
Bill, Maurina...and myself, have been putting Many Hours in...at The Sale.
I've been working here, and gathering...some Cool...stuff.
Wish I had Lots of Money.
I met a Wonderful...Gal, who has some Amazing...Things.
: )
Two...Life Size...Bronze Horses!
Wow!
Amazing...Oil Paintings...
oh, my.
: )


I, managed to buy...some Beautiful...things, from her.
: )
The Mirror {a.k.a. 'Lookin' Glass'. : ) }below...
along with it's Twin... {yes...a Pair, of These Beauties. <3 }
Iron Gates...Urns...'Funky' Bird Bath, and...another...BIG...Mirror. : ) 
They aren't 'Old', but...Dear Lord, they are Cool, and were Very...expensive...when she purchased them.
oh...my. 
{I have a list, of Folks...who are waiting for a price on these Mirrors. {It may, shorten, when I figure out the price. : )
If, I wasn't so strapped...: ) Everything....from her, would Stay, Right Here...: ) }


Pal, Bill...sold me...the Most...Wonderful...Mission Oak Sideboard, a few days ago.
: )
I, don't usually...buy 'Mission'...for our Home.
Love...Victorian, Oak...and Walnut.
but, when he opened up his Van door, to unload tables...for The Sale, I saw the base.
I, about....dropped.
Holy...Smokes!
Loved...It!
<3
It's hand forged hardware....is Unbelievable. 
I, didn't need to see the top. {he didn't have that, with. }
I've been looking, for 'something'....in the House...for a 'Bar'.
This...
was, Perfect.
: )
He'd found it...in a Barn. It'd been there, for decades.
He, gave me a Really...good deal, on it...
because, I was going to Keep It.
: )
{Many, Folks....inquired, on fb, about it...when I posted it. I, told them all...it was a Keeper.
Well...not 'All'.}
A Dear Friend.... asked me, if I'd consider a 'Trade'...
{ah...No. }
Then, she told me...what she was Offering...in trade.
: )
It was The Settee.... John, Created.
: )
He, Hand Cut, and...Hand Pieced...
Tin, like Upholstery...on this Beautiful...mid, 1800's Settee.
{John, Created...Three. We, have One, here...at Home.
My Friend, Allyson...has One.
My Friend. Steph...has the the Third.
When Steph... called, she said...she's been wanting, to somehow...get it back, to me.
{She Knew... She'd have to Wait...a Long...Time, for me to come close...to paying her, for it.
It, wasn't cheap. : ) John...had Hours....and Hours...in it. <3
She, also...knew, I wouldn't Consider...taking it back, as a Gift.}
We Both...Work Too Hard, for our money. 
So, The 'Priceless'...Mission Piece, is now...Traded...for a PRICELESS...Piece, of John's Art!
: )
Bill...was so Happy. : )
I'm...Thrilled.
Steph...is Happy. : )
The Boys, Justin and Brandon...who carried The Massive Mission Piece, inside...
won't be.
{Holy Smokes! We Tore The House Apart...and they, {me...too...} had to lift it over the Kitchen Counter...to get it...inside. It must weigh...300 pounds. I'm...Not...Kidding.}

This, is what John...had to work with.
: )
He, was an Amazing....Artist. {Friend, Steph...is, too. : ) They, Loved...each other. <3 }
What...a Gift. : ) <3

Liz, and Miss. Scarlett....Love, the Mission...piece.
<3
but...
We Love....John's...Art, Far...More. <3 <3 <3 
Steph....brought The Settee, back...for John's Memorial, nearly...three years ago, now.
I, wanted...Folks, to 'See'....'One'...of Many...Pieces, he'd Created.
<3 <3 <3
Now, It'll be Home...for Good. <3 <3 <3 
Love to ya...
Hope, You'll...come Shop, The 'Living' Estate Sale. : )
There's Lots...of Great Stuff!
I'll be posting, after....the sale.
Love, to ya...
Barb C. 
{I found this..on the drive, at The Sale...this morning. ; )
Another...'Wink'. <3 }
The Song, I posted....above, is what I sing, every morning...while working, down...the rabbit hole.
: )
<3
It, always...comes to my mind....Every Time, I step through the door.
: )
It's...
Beautiful. : ) : ) : ) 

No comments: