Friday, February 3, 2017

Ugly Apples... and...memories.

My Favorite Grocery Store, Hy Vee...{on Johnson Ave. }
has started selling 'Ugly Produce'...at a fraction of the price...
of...
'Pretty'.
If you know me... you know...'Pretty'...doesn't pay the bills.
: ) 
and, I prefer...most Everything...that surrounds me...
 'imperfect'
From People...Critters...Vehicles...Clothes...to, Old...Stuff. 
: )
I, figure...the 'imperfections'...are part, of an Interesting Journey.
: )
I buy a lot...of Apples, from the 'Ugly' Bin.
I don't care....Scout, doesn't care... 
Heck, we don't care...if there's a Worm...in the ones...from the Old, Apple Tree. : )
I try and find 'em...and let 'em go...before Scout...gets 'em!
: )
I pile apples, in the Old...Truck, on the Old Harvest Table.
{that only...me, and Harold....could Love... } 
{and...Ed. : ) }
{That John...brought back...to Life. <3 }
I eat a few...apples, every day.
What get's 'beyond'...my liking....
Scout...devours...in an Instant!


The Old Boy....Loves....
His Apples. 
: )
He doesn't Discriminate! 
Before I piled another...Load, onto the Old Truck...
I remembered...the Wooden Tray....
It's been sitting beside the door....for months.
I ran across it...when...Son, Justin...was cleaning out the Work Area...
where John...performed his Magic...on Old Furniture...and, Projects, for the rabbit hole.
oh my. 
Before...I Loaded the Truck...again...
I brought it...inside.
{Cleaning John's Work Area...was one of the most...difficult times, of my life.
I could have shut the door...and left it...forever. }
We had some mid 1800's scrap...wood, from The Amana Colonies.
Wide...Boards. {1860's boards }
I had bought...some Hand Forged....metal 'rings' with...iron handles...from an Amana Auction.
Got a wild....idea...to take the scraps...and create trays....from the Beautiful...
 scrap lumber.
The last Heart of Country....{just, before...John...fell ill. }
I was Scrounging.... for Unusual...things.
That Wooden Tray.....with The Hand Forged....Iron, Band...
would be...
Incredible. 
: ) <3 
John and I....worked for two days...'together'....
Trying...to Get The Band...to Fit, around an Oval Shape...he'd cut, from one of those scraps.
oh my.
I can't tell you...how Many....Times...we tried to 'fit'...the band.
He'd Pound...on it.
I...Pounded...on it...
Take it off....I'd hand sand...the board.
again...and...again...and...again.
Then... we'd do it all over again...
Still, didn't fit...
Then, he'd sand...sand and sand....and....Sand!!!
oh my. 
We adjusted the notches...for the handles...
again...and...again....and, again.
You didn't dare take off...too much.
Then...the band, would be loose, and have gaps.
oh my.
: ) : ) : ) 
We FINALLY....got it to Fit.
It was Amazing!!! : ) : ) : ) 
then...
I drove off...for 'Heart'...without it. 
: )
Yes.... Everything...Happens, for a reason. 
It's Priceless...
<3
This...was the Last...'Project'...we worked on...
'Together'.
yes...
It Truly...Is...
All...
about
The Journey.
<3
Love...
to ya.
Barb C. 




The band....was around something, from the mid 1800's....
that had a slight...taper.
: )
We had to match that taper...by hand sanding.
Oh Boy!!!
hahahaha!!!!

The hand forged handles...had to fit into a notch....that had to be hand cut, into the wood.
: )
They were different...on each end.
{Hand Done...remember. : ) Nothing...matches. : ) }
What a Journey.
hahahaha!
Imperfect.
: )
: )
: )
<3

Miss. Scarlett...
and me.
Tonight...like, always....we visit, about Little Green Apples,
and...Grandpa. <3
: )

No comments: