Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Great Time in Rock Island!!!

We had a Great Time...in Rock Island,
at Tammy Mendoza's Event!!!
Liz came...and helped, we had the booth set in 3 hours!
It was streamlined, from what we usually do, but....
it was a Fun...Sampling....from the rabbit hole.
Our booth. : )

See the Big....Velvet Heart!
I spotted this, next to my Friends, Colleen and Darrel's Booth.
The owner, wasn't there...so, I asked Colleen, if she would tell the owner, I wanted to buy it...when she returned.
She said she would. : )
Then...a bit later, Colleen brought it to my booth....and said,
"Happy Valentine's Day!!!"... and gave it, to me.
<3 <3 <3
{I put a sold tag on it...and displayed it...on the old, gate. : ) <3 }
I, am Truly...Blessed, by some Wonderful...Angels, in my life. : ) <3
: )
Our Booth. : )


After seeing the Show, during set up....
I called Mark Nutt, and told him... he needed to send some of his 'treasures' with....
The Show...was a perfect fit, for him.
He decided to bring a load...for the booth, Saturday morning, himself!
I was soooo Impressed, in so many ways...with this Event.
It's a very, 'tight'...event.
21 Vendors.
{The show started, 59 years ago...with 12, and stayed that size...for many years.
They never wanted it to become... 'Big'. }
My friend, Tammy, and her Mother...took it over...18 years ago...
and added a few more.
: )
It doesn't need, to be 'Big'.... in size.
Truly.
There are some Wonderful....Vendors... who bring....Amazing, Treasures.
I had little time, to visit....but....when I did, I Thoroughly.... Enjoyed Everyone!
Everyone, was so...Kind. <3
It was like a Family.
The Customers, were Fantastic....too!
They came, throughout both days...non stop.

As I visited with them, I realized, These folks....are devoted to this event.
Most, said....they haven't missed a year, no matter how young, or old...they were.
Everyone, was Friendly...and laid back. : )
I saw so many....Beautiful, and unusual....things.
The Dealers, were happy, to share their knowledge....as, I was stumped...by several things.
{You never, can learn it all....when it comes to the Old Souls. : )
That's what keeps Loving them....so Fresh! }
It was interesting, to me...to see the difference, that only a 100 miles, can make....
in the Style, of what people collect, and offer.
This is the only Event, I do... on The River. {Mississippi }
I Love, 'River Towns'.
They are always... diverse,
a melding pot.
This event... was a perfect example.
There were things there...from the 1700's...to the 1970's.
Yes....
just like, a River Town.
: )
Everything...and, Everyone...was 'Interesting'.
LOVED Being a Part...of it.!
The Rabbit Hole, fit right in!!!
I'm going back...next year. <3
One of my Favorite...Vendors, was from St. Louis.
He had his little hound, with him.
<3
{This event...is 'Animal Friendly'. <3
One of the customers, came in...with her Cat.
One eyed cat... like Liz's two. ; )
His name was Rooster Cogburn!
{from The One Eyed, John Wayne character ...in my Favorite Movie, True Grit!!! <3
We had a Lovely...visit!}
The man, from St. Louis, had Dozens...of French Jewelry Caskets...
I'd never seen so many....in my life.

{oh dear... }
His Booth...was layered.... with Amazing....French items, and Victorian Soulfulness.


The little....Black, inlaid...French Perfume...box, was what I REALLY....had my eye on.
<3
Inside, it had it's original, pink....silk....lining. <3
It, also...still had it's Original...had made....Perfume Bottles. <3
They both...had their original, fancy...tops, and...under those...their hand made, glass stoppers.
Oh My GOSH!!!
<3 <3 <3
It dates...from the 1860's.
and... the price....
was only...
125.00.
Oh My GOSH!!!
but, I had a Goal...for New Fuso Tires...
{waaaaaaay More....than 125. 00 : ( }
so, had to leave it... behind.
: (
{sigh......}
 {sniffle...}
{ boo...hoo... : ( }
{Next Year!!! }

Holy Smokes!
They had to follow me with a Mop...and Bucket, after every time I visited him.
I was Drooling....over Everything...he had!!! : )
Unfortunately... the Fuso....is in need, of Rear Dual tires...
He winces...every time we hit a pot hole....or pebble, on the road.
soooo....
couldn't bring home....any of The St. Louis....Soulfulness...this time.
{I'll be saving up...for next year. : ) <3 }
I did, however... run into a Darling....little Old....
Teddy Bear.
: )
The Vendor, gave me a wonderful price...on the Little, well Loved....Teddy.
I couldn't leave him. <3 <3 <3



We had a Lovely....time.



Hope to see You...there, Next Year!!!
Love, to ya...
Barb C.
{I forgot to mention...the Wonderful, Homemade... Mexican Food, and Bakery....
that was offered there. : )
Good Eats!!! }




No comments: