Saturday, March 28, 2015

Davina and The Vagabonds Concert....

What a Fun.... Time. :)
My Friend, Allyson... bought me a ticket.... for the Event.
I Love this Band...
Friend, Marc B. introduced me  to their Music... a while back....
: )
I went right out....and bought their cd.
Had it playing down the rabbit hole... Allyson heard them...on one of her visits....
and Loved them...too!
She heard they were going to be playing at The Campbell Steel Art Gallery...in Marion, Iowa...
and invited me to go with her... and her Sis... <3 
what a Gift.
: )
Tho... my images from my phone... leave a lot...to be desired... it was an Awesome... Show.
My Friend... Marc... was there... Tony....Melody... {Image Nouveau Photography ...
{Melody... is Awesome... she's the Gal...who did The Mad Hatter... Shoot...for me! } 
and her...Hubby... : )
There were so many people... there... that I knew.... that came to our table... to say "Hi!"
I didn't expect to see anyone... I knew... there....  so... I wasn't looking. : )
I...guess.... I was oblivious... to my surroundings... 
{Too Busy.... watching the Band! : ) Whistling...and Whooping it Up! : )
oh dear.... 
{ask anyone... who... takes me... anywhere....
I...am kind of a 'handful'... in 'Public'... : )  
Especially... where Great Music...is Playing. : ) {oh...dear.... : ) }
This Band... has a Big New Orleans... style....... Jazz...Sound!
LOVED The Horns! 
I visited with Davina...during one of their breaks....  she is a Doll. <3 
Marc... bought me her latest cd....'Sunshine'...{How Sweet...is That! : )
 Marc, is my Dear Friend.... Stephanie's.... Hubby...and...my Long Time...Friend. : ) } 
Davina... had signed it for me. : )
I shared the story.... as she and I.... visited....of her earlier... cd... 'Black Cloud'.... 
{posted at the top... : ) It... seems... very.... fitting. }
and how... it touched me...so.... last year, earlier... in the evening : ) 
{I was going to purchase it... after the Show... but... Marc... surprised me with it.... : ) }
What a Lovely... comment... she... wrote. 
Seems.... she understood...... the meaning... of a 'Black Cloud'...too. : ) 
Our Server...was a Belly Dancer....
She was Awesome.... : ) : ) : ) 
yes... it was a very... fun...evening. : )
I'm heading out... early in the morn.....
so... better wrap it up.
Love to ya...
and... if you get the chance... to see this Band....
GO!
{Buy your tickets... early... They were Sold Out.... early.... here. }
They are headed to the UK... 
but...they do many Shows... throughout the Country...
They are from the Twin Cities....
and.... are Really... Somethin'. ! 
Barb C.
{When Davina... first came out....
She said....
"I am so Disappointed... that all of The Antique Shops... are Closed... here...in Marion...tonight!
I...LOVE Antiques!!!"
I Yelled!!!
"Mine's Not!!!
I have an Antique Shop!!!
We Could be there...in 15 Minutes!!!"
{normally 30... but... I was driving Jethro.... : ) }
She Stood Up...from her Piano.... and started walking off the Stage....
Davina.... was Ready to Come Slide... down...the Rabbit Hole!!!
It was...Hilarious!!!
: )
yeah.....
 you can't take me... anywhere... : )  
oh...my. : )
{It's kind of... sad.... in a way....
 When Artists... Play...'Perform'....
 they work... very odd... hours.
So...they Miss... a Lot... in the Cities.... they work.
I'll never forget.... I was working....down the rabbit hole... late... late... one Winter Night.
I was at the back... of the shop.... and heard the door open... up front.
{Yikes!!!}
I started.... making my way...to the front......saying......."Hello????"......
 I met up....face to face... with a Huge... Man... in a Big Black...Fur...Coat.....
in the center of the shop....
with him...were two... Beautiful... Young... Women.
Only he.. could speak English....
They were here... {Cedar Rapids}... performing... The Russian Ballet.
They were Russians.
He was the Conductor... The Girls..... were Beautiful... Ballet... Dancers.
: ) oh my...
They were out driving... and saw the lights.... from the rabbit hole....
and... just... stopped.
??????
: )
I...about fell over....
They were Lovely.... 
The Girls... picked out a couple... of little Treasures....
The Man... asked... "How Much?"....
I said...
"They are a Gift.... from Iowa. : ) <3 "....
They... were Very... Gracious.... : ) : ) : )
oh my....
what a Memory. <3
just think.....
 a 'little bit'... of the rabbit hole....
found it's way.... to.....
 Russia. : )
Priceless. <3 }





This is Davina.... She...and her Band... are...Cooool....Cats! : )

Our Server... was a Riot!
and.... a Darned Good... Belly Dancer! : ) : ) : ) 

No comments: