Saturday, June 29, 2013

Shenanigans.... : )

 
As Daughter, Liz says...
My life...has 'Shenanigans'... swirling around me...at all times...
It makes me difficult to work with...
she says... as I'm darting...from one thing to the next....
I'll be takings calls...pulling weeds... visiting with folks...in front of me... scrubbing a cupboard...
and...wondering...in the back of my brain...if I left a big enough bid...at an auction...
all at the same time....
: )
I call it...Multi Tasking.... : )
She sees the distractions....
as...
Shenanigans...
{I guess.. I can see... little Leprechauns ....swirling around...always tempting me... distracting me... with something... exciting...around the corner...: )
and...I have just enough...Irish in me...
(and...my Dad...}
to drop...everything...
and...FLY!!!!
oh dear...}
Yesterday... I was to be...working in the shop....
So Much... to get Done!
Open House on the 2nd!!!
With all of the rain... I really need a dehumidifier.... down the rabbit hole....
So...after John and I shuffled furniture.... I thought I'd run to town...stay on task... get supplies....etc...
I remembered, my friend, and Auctioneer... Jerry Tubaugh... had reminded me about his Auction... that was yesterday....
as I was headed out the door...and visiting with Mark...on the phone...I pulled it up, quick....
I looked at the images.... while we visited... I saw these... Wonderful...Ledgers....
I couldn't make out the writing...from the image.... but knew... they were...Old...and Wonderful....
I told Mark...I had to call...and leave a bid.... He said..." Barb the Auction has already started"...
I said...I knew...but...I'm calling anyway...
So... I called....
and to my surprise... Jerry...the Auctioneer...answered the phone... himself...
?
I said..." Jerry.... aren't you supposed to be selling stuff".... he said... "Yep...and I am"....
?
"and...I'm talking to you..."
Oh My Lord!
I quickly.... gave him my bid.... and hung up...
oh dear...
{Jerry is a 'Multi Tasker'...Too!!!}
I hesitated to call him...later in the day.... to see if I got the bid....
but... I did...
and...I Got The Ledgers!
{Work Books}
I was happy...with myself... that I didn't blow off...my chores...and go to the auction....
{I had...wanted to.... but...I was...good...: ) }
Took Jethro..{Mustang} because...all I had to get...were... 5... little... Ledgers...
: )
{I have Mountains of new arrivals to get through...for the Open House... I need to behave...}
The Auction was over... and I grabbed my...Ledgers.... then...Jerry... asked if I would be interested... in some things...he had put back....
"ahhhh... : )... yeah...."
{can you see the Leprechauns....: ) }
I filled...Jethro...
oh...my...
Then...it was 40 miles...Home... and I Had..to go Home...
because a Dehumidifier...
would Never Fit..in a Filled To The Brim .... Jethro....: )
as I was driving... the phone rang...
 It was Wanda... telling me about an Estate Sale....
and...it...was... on...my...way...
Home...
: )
Shenanigans....
: )
So... the rest of the story is...
I came Home... with...
5... 1850's Handwritten...Ledgers...
Piles...of Beautiful...Vintage Stemware....
a Dozen...Vintage Oil Paintings... that have been removed from their Stretchers...
Piles....of...
Lovely... Old...Lace...and Linens...
a Depression Era Star Quilt Top...
Beautiful...Victorian Silver plate...
{Including a Darling Napkin Ring, that has
"Grandma" engraved in it.... : ) }
A Gnarly Tarnished Copper Tub....
Books.... and Paper...
This...and That....
and...Two... Beautiful Victorian French Clocks...
with inlaid Mother of Pearl....
: )
{I'm keeping One...: ) }
and...guess...what I didn't have... in the load.... when I came rollin' in....
around 7:30... last night...
You Guessed It!
A Dehumidifier!
oh my...
Love to ya....
Barb C.
{don't miss the Open House....
it's gonna be...a Full...House... : ) }
 
 
 
I have wanted... one of these Clocks...for years... could never afford one... these were half price.... yesterday...
I struggled with...which one...
{my friend, Barry was there...and said he'd never seen me have such a hard time... making a decision... I can breeze through a sale... and make piles...in short order....
but...
Clocks... are a very Personal thing...for me....
I couldn't decide....
so...bought them both...
I'll have to let one go.... but... I'll have a little time...to decide....
oh my....
Which....One...?????
These 1850's Ledgers... {Work Books} are Incredible....
I was so shocked...when The Auctioneer...answered his phone...as he was selling... I didn't ask any questions...
Left a Bid... and that was that...
He asked me...when I came to get them....what language they were...
{I had no idea.... I thought...from the tiny image...they were English...}
but...when I saw them.... I realized...they were either Czech or...Polish...
I'm having my friends, Stanley and Klarika...look at them.... He speaks several Languages... and Klarika is from Slovakia....
These...are Incredible....
English...or No...
They came from a Cedar Rapids Home...
I can't wait to get the details!
 

No comments: