Saturday, June 22, 2013

It's All...About The Journey... : )

Pegadoo... popped out...to spend the day with me....
{She got a Big Thumbs UP from the Mayo...This Week!!!}
: )
A Storm was brewing... but the weather guy...said it was going to keep North...
Peg had started to unload...the 'littles' out of the Ford...before I got outside...
Then...she grabbed onto the Chicken Nests....
The Storm... that was to keep...North... was closing in... and Peg...was like Chicken Little...
"The Sky is Falling!!!! The Sky is Falling!!!"
I told her...to calm down... and  I'd get the Nests... but...I had to grab my camera, and  get a picture... first...
: )
She yelled at me...to get rid of the camera... and grab hold....
I took the picture...
{she was huffing...and puffing...holding the old nest....}
then...  I said...
"Set it down... Peg".....
{it was only 6 inches off the ground... : ) }
She stopped struggling...and set it down... : )
 and said...
sheepishly...
"I didn't know... it was that close to the ground : )"...
yeah...
It reminded me of the time...I...and a friend... had to push the Little Ford...down Main Street....
Bonaparte, Iowa...
on a Hot...Hot....Summer...Afternoon...
I explained to her...what we had to do...when little Ford...refused to fire...
She was kind of a 'City Girl'.... and had never had to push a vehicle... before... : )
{tho...I will have to say... she never once... backed down...from a challenge...
and...I placed...many..'Challenges'...at her...feet... : ) }
{ I...on the other hand... had to do it... daily...growing up... with some of our Old...
Trusty...Rusty...Automobiles...: )
I learned...at a Young age...
 Once ya get 'em Runnin'...Leave 'em... Runnin'! }
I told her to push on the Tail Gate....
and Run...as Fast as she could!
I told her... as soon as we got him goin'...fast enough...
I'd bail in...pop the Clutch... and he'd take off......
I was at the driver's door....
pushing.... and running... as fast as I could....
bailed in... popped the Clutch.....
he didn't take off...
I jumped out... began pushing... told her...we'd have run...
FASTER!!!
{by then...cars were lining up...behind us... on the little Main Street...
 and Folks... were peering out of the Store windows....
oh dear...}
I kicked my shoes off... threw 'em in the cab....
Leaned Hard... into the Door Post...
and Ran...as Fast as I could....
bailed in.... popped the Clutch...
and...
The Little Ford... took off....
: )
I was....soooo relieved...
until...
I looked in my rear view mirror...
my friend...
was still.... holding on...to the Tail Gate!
All I could see... were her Straining... White Fingers.... and her Eyes....as big as Saucers... peeking over the Gate...!
I gently...stopped the little Ford...
{so I wouldn't Crush her Face...on the Gate!}
my friend... came running...around the Ford...
Gasping...for Air...
jumped in...
{ I... was...doing...Everything... in my Power... Not To Laugh....}
all... I could muster... was...
" why... didn't you let go...of the truck...when it took off? "
her reply...
"You Didn't Tell Me To!!!!"
oh my...
{I still...'til this day... every...once in a while... when I glance... in a rear view mirror...  see... my friend's...
Straining... White... Fingers....
and...Eyes...Big as Saucers.... Peering over the Old...Tail Gate...: ) }
As Peg and I were driving through the Storm...
en route to see an Old Cupboard
She was spotting...Every... Point.... that was drooping... from...Every Black Cloud...
Sure...it was a Tornado...
and was...Sure... she was going to be Sucked Out of The Ford.... by it!
oh my...
: )
she said...
"Barb...It's Always an Adventure....
Always... an Adventure...
riding with...you...."
yep...
It's All...
About The Journey....
: )

 
It went from Morning...to Night... in a few minutes....
Son...Justin...
oh my...
This image is too Blurry...
but he was popping a Wheelie on that 4 wheeler!
{he was.. 'Test Driving'...this one...{his Wife...Katie's...} oh my... }
{Justin does engine work...on these and... everything... that requires... fuel!
he is Talented!
SCARY...to me...and Peg.... but...Talented!}
yeah... Justin got a Big Kick...out of Peg's...reaction....
at his 4 Wheelin'!
She gets...pretty...'animated'.... at times...
Crazy...Mad...March Hare!
It's a good thing...Peg wasn't around.... watching Justin grow up....
oh my....
This Kid... is...Fearless!
Holy Smokes!
From Go Karts....to Snowmobiles!!!
Mini Bikes... to Jet Skis!!!!
Boats... and Pontoons.... to... Diesel Power Strokes!!!
oh my....
and...he's learned it...on his own...
Now...he's doing Body Work.... as well....
he's  an Awesome Painter!
{that is a Gift.... he can lay the paint on...like...Glass... oh my... : ) }
 


Liz and Miss. Scarlett popped out...
Miss. Scarlett...LOVES the Rudolf Clock...
and Always has to give him a 'Swing!'
I bought the Old Cupboard... that Peg and I went to see...
but...I had to get it out of a basement... and knew...Peg would try.... to help... and I didn't want her to...get hurt....
My friend...Dwight... was coming that afternoon.... to pick up a Load...for his January Antique Auction...
 {Duwa's Auctions Wellman, Iowa }
I called him... and said...I'd help him load...if he'd help me....
It worked out Great...
Peg and I had Fun...Shopping... and having a Great Lunch!
and Dwight and I made Fast Work... out of a Big...Job!
I'll have this... on The July Open House! It's an Old...Sweetie!
They had used it for a Liquor Cabinet!
I tried to get them to leave the contents... to...No...Avail...
Dang... : )
{They had some... Lovely Wine... }
{Thanks...Gail H. for sending me... to see the Cupboard..: ) }
Love to ya...
Barb C.

No comments: