Tuesday, June 19, 2012

simply...lace...

As I sat here this morning....gently...sorting through the Beautiful Vintage Lace I had gathered from my elderly friend, Gerri....yesterday.... and thinking about the stories...she shared...of her 'Journey'....
then...looking around...the house...at my 'Gatherings'...I have harvested...throughout the years....
It appears...I am the most...Consistent...at being inconsistent....
Gerri...has always been true...throughout her life...to be surrounded...by a certain time.....a...sort of ...Art Nouveau....time period... Flowing...and Earthy... Beautiful....
and...I Love...It!!!
Then...I look at my house...
and...see...it's like the music...I love....
From...Aerosmith...to...Pachelbel...Patsy Cline...to Fog Hat...
Beethoven...to Hank Williams...
Leather....and...Lace....
but...all...So...Soulful...and...So...Well...Done...
Even...if it is simply...a fragment...
An Old Seed Covered...Folk Art Frame... a Leather Nail Pouch...or...a Heart Embellished...Horse Harness...decoration....
it all works...together...and seems to Sing...in Perfect Harmony....
with...Gerri's Beatiful Lace....
It seems...as Happy here...singing with the Group...as it did...at her...Lovely Home....
Gerri, told stories...of her travels...and all of the Famous Folks...she had known...throughout her life...
Shared autographs...and photo's...
but...they were all... "people"...she saw them...at face value...not...how much...money...or fame... was attached to them...and...they Loved her, for it....She has been invited to Homes...from France...to
Las Vegas....
Gerri...is The Real...Deal...
She loves things...{and...people...} as I do... that have a 'story'...'Characters'...
 Some of the lace...she has gathered...over her lifetime...is tattered...but...Stunning...
Some...is perfect...some...is even...newer...but still...so....Soulful...
Gerri has an Amazing Eye...a Gift....
Brandon...{ www.housethingsstyle.blogspot.com }joined us, yesterday...and I think...he...enjoyed hearing all of the Colorful Stories...{that are 100% True...} Gerri shared...as well...
I watched as he gathered ....and...saw his eye...work...
we are all...so very different...yet...so very much...the same....
(tho...I can't imagine either of them...switching from Aerosmith...to Pachelbel...then...maybe..to Joplin...and...ending back...with Alison Krauss...oh...dear...}
I'll be going through, all of it...over the next few days...and filtering it...down the rabbit hole....
Some will be heading to the 4th of July Show, in Mt.Vernon...
and...some...will become part of The Family...here...
I'm having a Lovely....Lovely...time...just...Playing with it....
and...thinking about...all the stories...
oh my...
Have a Wonderful Day!
I'll be Open...on Thursday!
{or...anytime..if ya ring me... : ) )
Barb C.

This Bed Cover...may be my Favorite... It is soooo Old...and Delicate...just handling it....puts it in jeopardy...it's so fragile...it can tare...under it's own weight.... but...I gotta...tell ya...it is Beautiful...
oh...my...
The Hand Work...is incredible...on some of these pieces....Wow...

No comments: