Saturday, June 16, 2012

As...I Sat...in the Shop...Yesterday...

As Folks...were milling around...the shop...yesterday...I found a seat...in the back...out of everyones way.......and snapped a few images...
They aren't the best...it's kind of Dim...down the rabbit hole....
It was a Good Day....
Had several Folks say....how much they loved it...
and...for once....
I said....
Me...Too...
We all agreed...there is..'Something'....about it...
It's dusty...and...and twisted....and...and...a bit...{ : ) } Chaotic...but...It Welcomes...and Embraces...
More and more....I am seeing...the Wonder ...and Beauty in it...and not...Everything...that isn't...
That's...'big'.... for me....
Had a Lovely...Lunch with my Peg...
and Scratched...a lot.... {Poison Ivy....Yuk!}
It was soooo strange... when Peg walked into the shop... The Music stopped...
{it....Never...Stops...I have 'New Favorite' playing...24/7....{and...sometimes...other...Alison Krauss...} The few times it has.... I always know...something...is up....{unless...there has been an outage...} Like...when I came home from Nashville...this year...it wasn't singing....when I walked in the door....It speaks...Loud...when it says...Nothing....}
We both looked at each other.... and our eyes got BIG...
Peg said...immediately..."It's for Me!"...
It was like the little shop...wanted to hear...Only Peg's Voice...without interruption....
The player...is 8 feet in the air...I went and got the ladder.... it...was turned off...so...I turned it on....and Sweet Music...Filled the The Little Shop!....
Somehow... we both know...it was recognition...of her visit... : )....
The Rabbit Hole...Misses her...too...
We may be hooking up...for a bit, today...before she heads home... : )
I went to a Dear Friend's...home last night..and Gathered some Beautiful Treasures...have to go back...the first of the week, to get the rest...{I'll have images...of some of them...tomorrow...}
Hope...You...Have a Most Amazing Day!
Love...to Ya!
Barb C.


The Shop will be Closed Today...
Have an Important Gathering to Attend!


From French Chairs...to masses of old Clothes Pins....oh my...
Had to do some movin'...and the Mid 1800's Cherry Stand... had to be...Moved Up...in the World...atop...another...Mid 1800's...Cherry Table!
Gnarly...Old Stuff...from Floor...to Ceiling...
My Sister, Chery's Memorial.... Donita...the Concrete Girl... wanted an Image...to see if she could find the Mold... I struggled...trying to find the most...perfect Memorial for Chery... {she wanted to be cremated...and was...I argued with her.... briefly.... about that.... not the cremation...but...the "Resting Place"...it's not for the ones that left us.....it's for the living...just to have a 'Place'... {tho...I know...they are with us...and not really there...} but...just a Spot...to think...Only...of Them....
This was perfect.... I had Brass Plaques Engraved...and attached to the Book... with her information...and a poem...about 'Time'...
She Loved Old Clocks...and Antiques...Chery...and My Dad...were my Inspiration...and made me So Appreciate... Old Things...{and Critters...in a nutshell....Compassion..... Pricless...}
I hope...Donita...can find a Mold...
Several others...would like to have one...as well....

4 comments:

Audrey @ Sweet Cheeks said...

I about FELL OVER when out of NOWHERE Peg came up to my booth at the market today! What a HAPPY surprise!!! I told her I wanted to come around and get a "grip" on her - LOL...probably lucky for her I was swarmed with people at the time! One of the highlights of my day! {LOVE}

Simply Iowa said...

Doesn't She Look Great!!!
She was going to come to Mark's Party....but was too...pooped....and she had to drive back to MO....
Soooo Glad You Both...Got a Squeeze!
Love to ya... : )

sue in mexico mo said...

Good to hear Peg is out and about! I have also had poison ivy (or ate too many strawberries). Whichever, I have a bad rash, itch, and it isn't pretty!
Your memorial for your sister is sweet and I'm sure very comforting.

Simply Iowa said...

Me Too...She Looks...soooo good!
{the Prayers...are workin'! Like they always do... : ) }
The Rash....It's Frickin' UG....LY!
Peg kept Barking at me..."Quit That! Quit Scratchin'That!!!!!"... {can't help it... : ( } I'm Covered in Salve.... what a Mess!!! It has spred...all over... but...I never let it get to me.... I know...this...too...shall pass...but... I Gotta Tell Ya...It's UG....LY! : )
Love to ya...Sue...Hope you get better...soon....Me...Too... : )