Saturday, April 17, 2010

Some of Todays Gatherings...

The photos don't come close to showing how cool these Old Iowa Treasures are... They are pretty gnarly.... The old counter has 21 drawers, all of it's original fancy cast hardware with slots for a label... It has an unusual graduated top, it's about 9 feet long, by 7 1/2 feet tall... It really didn't like it's picture taken.... It's way happier in person! This Gnarly Old Cupboard...well, it truly looks like a bag of bones, in this image.... Oh my gosh, does it tell a story when you stand next to it... I absolutely fell head over heals in love with this 'Big Daddy!' Believe it, or not... this could go right in the house... I love it, that much...
Again, if you could see this cool, very unusual table in person, you would see why I waited all day for it to sell!
The Gnarly Old Counter, will be spruced up, and look like a million bucks, when John gets done with it!
A Huge THANKS to Sharon { Sweet Repose}... I haven't read her blog yet, it's after 9:00, I've been on the road since 7, this morn, after a wonderful, yet gruelling 20 hour day, yesterday.... I have received several e-mails, concerning her blog...I am headed there now.... I'll have more from the Duwa's Auction, in the morn
Barb C.

2 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

I just sent your post to Theresa...she's gonna drool over that counter...hope you got some rest, I'm getting back into the swing too...

A beautiful day to play in the trash, talk to ya soon!!!

s

kornkribprimitives said...

I loveeeeeeeee the old counter. I wish my house would grow so I had room for it. You find the best treasures!!
I hope you take time to rest!!
Blessings, Linda