Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Polly...Never Far From My Side...No Matter...

She is never far from my side...{yesterday, she was so weak, I helped her down the stairs, and into her chair... told her to stay, while I prepared some morsels, to entice her to eat.... I was at the other end of the house....when I turned, to go back to her...there she was...laying on the floor, 10 feet from me... I don't know how she made it back up the stairs by herself...Best Friends...oh my...} This image is of her, this morning, while I was on the blog... We have hardwood floors... tho, I leave my bedroom door open, so she can go back to bed, she rarely does... too far away from me...I'm out of her sight... I have tried throw rugs, for her... but she is partial to my Vintage Indian Blanket Coat... I throw it on the floor, in the Sun...and she'll lay down...She had a big hunk of ham, and a nice cheese omelet, for breakfast....Still... not touching her food... or certain cheeses...she likes the Blue Stilton...the Havarti...not so much... She slept well, last night... I always worry about blood clots, after surgery.... we have had such bad luck, with our Beloved Best Friends...I kept waking up in the night...to make sure she was breathing... Scary...so Scary...
I have a long day ahead...Sold a Huge Entry, that is buried in the Little Shop...It's going to be a real mess... But...another Change...it will be good...
Have a Great Day...
Barb C.
{I had to put this song on...this morning...it reminds me of my Dad... and...I think he would agree...about the Old Dogs...and Children...I will be putting another song on, in the morn, that IS my Dad...Peg always says, as I share stories about Dad, how she knows him...because, I am just like him....I gotta tell ya...after listening to these songs... I am, much like my Dad...{ he never drank, or smoked...nor...did he ever know I did...oh dear..} But...the kindness, towards Critters...and Love of Life...the Love of Old Trucks....Rusty Things...Elderly Folk...anything, from a Farm... that's my Dad... It's been a long time since I listened to the song, I'll play tomorrow... maybe a good thing...{I shed a few tears, listening to it this morning...}It came out when I was 10...Dad was 60...I can remember how I thought Tom T. Hall Must have written it for my Dad...Now I listen to it...and think...he wrote it for me...Guess Peg was right...}

2 comments:

cconz said...

Oh i know how your feeling right now. We had to take peanut in to be put to sleep. He had to many health problems. My rule is if they can poop eat sleep and still get excited
about things then they are fine. But, 3 of these things peanut wasn't up to. So it was time. We really miss him terribly.

Simply Iowa said...

Oh Cathie...
I am Sooooo Sorry...
We have walked this walk...so many times... and...my Heart Aches, for you and Bill...
They wait for us, in Heaven... I had a friend ask, if I thought Animals go to Heaven...My Reply..."Yes... and...if they don't...I'm not going, either...I'll have God send me, where the Animals are..."
I have always said, it is better to have loved, and lost, than to have never loved at all...tho...I am brought to my knees, when we lose one of our Beloved...
I hope, Cathie... you will be as brave as Liz, when she lost Maggie... and go straight to the shelter...and rescue...Please! There is some little soul...just waiting... for you....
My Love to You...
Barb C.