Saturday, April 2, 2011

New...'Old Stock'...Concrete...Gotta Love It!!!

Tons...{literally}...of New 'Old Stock' Urns...{just got a shiver....nearly every night...while I am posting... I hear the breezeway door shut...it's already...shut...I won't get up...and look... Polly is here...by my side... if it's human...I'm safe...if not... I don't want to know....}
Back to the urns....'New', 'Old Stock'..means... they were made many years ago...but stored... The Elderly Gentleman, that made them, is still living... but, has been ill, for many years... he and his Father made many of them, 50 years ago....tho, some were made, only 20 years ago...they would be the newest... they have just set... since he sold his business out....{Many are all Gnarly...from Moss... from sitting under an old Pine Tree... Lovely...}  These were originally created for Cemeterys...hmmm...Cool Cemeterys...any more... you can't even have an above ground head stone....I remember visiting Natchez, Mississippi, with Allyson, last year....The Cemetery was AMAZING....
Oh well...
I worked in the shop...'til I had enough...
I'm Done...{for today...}
A HUGE Thanks...to Son...Justin.... he made life much....Much Easier...
It was Great Seeing Katie..and BABY 'J'!!!!
Love to All...
Barb C.
Justin Man Handled...These Monster Urns... Single Handedly... {I sold the outside pair...last year...they are headed to a Wedding!} it was great...to get the 'Season Boys'...in a permanent place, in the newly purchased urns... Now...I just need to get them planted up! Yeah!

2 comments:

Gatherings said...

looks like back breakers! Love the bird bath we got from you last year!

Gatherings said...

have you seen geraniums any where?