Friday, February 22, 2019

Mom...

February 21st., was Mom's Birthday.
She would've been 99.
She passed away, nearly 5 years ago.
Mom, and John...were in the hospital, the same time.
John, had no more than gotten out of the ICU, after his brain surgery....
Mom, was brought in. 
I remember, going back and forth...to be with each of them, and give reports, about each other, to them. 
I, know...it sounds Crazy...
but, they'd make each other Laugh....through my messages, to them. 
: )
oh my. 
: )
Mom, had such a Wonderful...Laugh!
: )
She'd say the Funniest Things!
John's...dry, Sense of Humor...would Crack Her Up!!!
Mom, so enjoyed life.
Tho, it was often...Ruff. 
Her health, wasn't good, for so many years.
yet...
she'd always offer to come help me, saying...I was working too hard.
Mom, was totally blind, and wheelchair bound, but... she was Always Willing, to Come Help!!!
<3 <3 <3 
I told her, to be careful...with her Offers!
I might just take her up on them!!! 

Mom was 48, in the above picture.
She was so Beautiful. <3
She was 43, when she had me.
We lived in a 10x50 Trailer, on some land...she and Dad bought...near Toddville, Iowa, when I was born.
In that tiny trailer...
lived Mom, Dad, Granddad, Sister... Merry Jo, Brother..Larry, his new Wife, Susan...
and...soon, their new Daughter, Ellen....
and...
me. 
: ) 
I, never remembered it being crowded.
I, do...remember, it being pretty great.
: )
We had Horses, Ponies...Chickens, Geese...Ducks...Dogs...a Pond, with Fish, a Jersey Cow,
and...
a Monkey, named Sammy. : )
oh my. : ) <3 
Sammy, was a Pistol. 
Dad, found a Home for him... when I was about 3.
He wasn't mean... just Very, Mischievous. 
Tho, I don't know...for a fact, I think Mom...put her foot down, with Dad, after one too many of Sammy's Shenanigans. : )
Hahahaha!


The above picture of Mom, was taken when I was about 2.
The Horse's name...was 'Mister'. 
Mom, didn't ride as often as us Kids did. 
She Loved...all of The Critters.
She grew up on a Farm, near Garner, Iowa...and, later....on a Farm, near Mason City.
Mom, stood a little over 5 feet tall, and was like Dynamite.
: ) 
She, was a Whirlwind!
She, had a Heart of Gold...but, oh dear...
She wasn't one to back down, from Anything. <3 
My two Sisters, on my Mom's side...
{I was an only child, between Mom, and Dad.
They each had one Son, and two Daughters...
before they had me. }
Chery, and Merry Jo...were, also...a little over 5 feet tall.
5'1, and 5'2.
I, was like the Jolly Green Giant, standing with them.
but...
Trust Me, I Learned...
'Dynamite Comes in Small Packages'!
Hahahahaha!
I, never 'Crossed'...any of 'em!
Frankly, I never needed to.
Merry Jo, and I...went a round, or two...a few times.
She's 8 years older than me.
Chery, was 21 years older than me...and, was Truly, my Best Friend, after I grew up.
We spent...so Much, Wonderful...Time, together.
She passed away, in 2003. 
She, and Peg...were So Much Alike!
I, often told Peg... how much she reminded me of Chery. 
I, remember...having to tell Mom, about Chery's passing. 
It, was three days before Christmas.
It was one the most difficult things, I've ever had to do. 
Breaking... my Mother's Heart. 



Me, Mom...and Dad. 
<3 <3 <3 
Mom and Dad... divorced when I was 5.
but...
They Loved...Each Other, So.
<3 <3 <3 
They lived together, more often than not.
They never saw anyone else.
: )
There were times, they simply...couldn't get along.
Couldn't get along...with, each other.
but...
Couldn't get along...without, each other. 
<3 
They, Truly...Loved each other. 
Mom, and me. 
I, Loved...my Mom...so. <3 
I, couldn't live with her...when I was a Teen.
Moved out, on my own...when I was 15. 
We, were always....always, 'Close'.
but, I...had to have my space.
<3
When Dad passed away, so suddenly...
I spent much more time with Mom.
Her health, hadn't been good...for several years. 
Dad, worried over her...so. 
We, all did. 
Dad, was so active, we thought sure...he'd outlive Mom. 
I don't know how...Dad, could've survived, had Mom went first.
I, remember... the hospital visit, with Mom...the Christmas...just before She left us.
I was sitting beside her...talking to her, looked up...just, behind her....and saw my Dad, standing behind her hospital bed.
I, was stunned...for a moment, because...I...couldn't quite believe, what I was seeing.
He was very transparent, and had his hand...on Mom's shoulder...Lovingly...gazing at her face.
I...didn't say anything, to Mom. 
She, was so afraid...and, so ill. 
When she was in the ICU, a few short...months, later...
something...was different.
Mom, wasn't afraid...anymore. 
I, knew...she was ready to go 'Home'. 
I, stayed with her...for two days, in her room, and visiting John, while she slept.
We talked...about a lot of things.
: )
We sang...songs, together. : )
She...could Sing...like a Bird. <3 <3 <3 
I, also...told her, about seeing Dad, a few months earlier.
She was So Happy...to Hear That!
On the the third evening, I told her...I was going to go home...
and check on the Hounds, and I'd be back, soon.
When I walked in the house...20 minutes later,
my phone rang.
It was Mom's Nurse.
Mom...had passed away.
I, think...Mom waited, until I was gone.
I...really, do.
<3 <3 <3 


Above, is Chery's Husband, Jim.
He...also, sings like a Bird.
: )
This was taken at Mom's Celebration of Life, here...at our Home.
I asked Jim...to sing 'Yellow Bird', for Mom.
She Loved Hearing Jim...Sing This!
I was taking pictures, as Jim...sang.
Mom's Ashes, are beside the Big Bouquet of Roses...over Jim's right shoulder.
{Mom's name...is 'Rose'. <3 }
As he began to sing...
a Ray...of Sunshine...
Lit Up The Bouquet...
like...I'd Never Seen, before!!!
<3 <3 <3 
It reminded me, of a song... Mom and Dad, Loved...So.
'In The Middle of a Dark, Dark...Night'.
I'll post, both of those tunes...above. 
It was like...Mom was telling us...
"Everything...is Good."
<3 <3 <3 
I, always tell Folks, about 'Winks'. 
I, know...some, probably think...I'm crazy.
That's...alright.
: )
I, simply...know, our Loved Ones...are closer than we know.
They send us...little winks, if we pay attention...they're....there. 
: )
I, Believe... God...sends us, these Gifts, to help us through difficult times.
Happy Birthday, Mom.
<3 <3 <3 
Love...to ya,
Barb C.
{I hate to keep going back...to Tammy Wynette, but...the Top Tune, is...So, my Mom, and Dad. <3
I was very Blessed, through Everything....
They Held On, to each other. <3 }

No comments: