Saturday, August 26, 2017

It's been a week.

Tomatoes...
Fresh...
Home Grown...
Iowa...
Tomatoes.
: )
Priceless.
<3 <3 <3

When I pulled in, at Son, Justin's...and Katie's...
Little Justin, and Miss. Meadow, were sitting watching. : )
They, were Smiling...and Laughing....!!!!
then, when I took my phone out...and asked them to Smile...
This, is what I got!!!
Hahahahaha!!!
Priceless!!!!
<3 <3 <3
They, BOTH... helped me pick Tomatoes...Peppers...and Squash, this Evening.
<3 <3 <3
Son, Justin... and Katie...have an Amazing...Garden!
<3
I, told Justin, as we were Pickin'....
He got his Green Thumb, from his Dad.
Wow!

Scout... had The Full Treatment, today. : )
He got his Hair...Done, and...a Pedi. <3
Farrier, Rick Elson... is so Amazing.
He, is...The Horse Whisperer. : )
I've known him... for Decades.
He's a Good Man. : )
Time...goes by...so fast.
 Rick told me, today... he's trimmed Scout, now...for 11 years.
oh...my.
<3
Earlier... in the week, I was determined... to finally..wash 'That Gray'... Outta my Hair!
What, I didn't plan on...
was grabbing the old box, out of the cupboard...
that was a discontinued Color...of Red. : )
It, was too late... after I'd applied that first box.
{It takes two boxes, to color my hair...now.... It's gettin' Long. : )
 I'd bought a New Box, of Dark Brown...
I, thought...the box I had... in the cupboard...was, also...Dark Brown.
Not...so...much. : )
I didn't realize it...until...I saw it turning Red, on my hands.....
oh.... dear. : )
It'll be two weeks, before....I can re apply. : )
well....
John, Always... Loved...a 'Red Head'. <3 }
The Lord.... Knows, how Much...I Love...Old Toys.
Broken... Parts, and Pieces.
Big, like Old Gipsy....Ford. : )
and...
little,
like the ones...a man brought to me, as I was working at the Estate Sale, the other day.
: )
{ I'll have many images to share, soon...about the Estate Sale. Mid October. : ) }
That, was quite...and Adventure. : )
I'd corresponded with this young man, on line.
The Young Man... brought this Load...to me, there.
I, bought...the Load...of 'Misfit' Sandbox...toys, from him. : ) <3
As, we were visiting...looking at the toys...in his truck,
he, asked me... if I knew...who owned The Ford, with The Chrome Stacks, that was parked a few car lengths away.
I, smiled.... : ) and said...
"That. would be me."
: )
He, then asked....
"Can Drive It???"
: )
my, response...
"Hell...No."
: )
He said....
"I'll let ya drive mine!"
I, looked at him, and said...
"Are ya trying to Threaten me???? : ) "
{he was driving a Dodge : ) }
Hahahahahaha!!!
{seriously... : ) }
The Old Gipsy Ford... doesn't have a straight part...on her.
I, bought her... that way. : )
She's...a Mess.
: )
yet, Folks...Love Her.
<3
I, know, I...did... the Moment... I saw her. <3
Son, Justin... did...too. <3
{There's Somethin'...about an Old...Ford, with a Lift...Chrome Stacks.... and 7.3 Power Stroke...Diesel. }
<3 <3 <3
{Rust, Dents...Miles... : )
Forget About 'em.... <3 }
Many...ask,
'how do I get up... in that Truck???'.
{Including...the 'toy man'. }
: )
{He, is 34. I, asked him... his age, after...he asked me how... I get in The Gipsy. : )
I, explained... I, knew... he must be over 30.... because... No One... Under 30, ever asks. : ) }
The answer is....
'I do. : ) It's not... Pretty. but, I do. : ) '
I was in such a Hurry, packing and Loading...for Gold Rush, I'd forgotten... I'd cooked some Corn, the night before I left.
I'm trying to be careful... about what I eat, these days...
but...
Iowa Sweet Corn, is... like No Other. : ) <3
I, was so Busy... I didn't eat any of it. : (
I, asked Daughter, Liz... to stop by... and throw the Sweet Corn away, while I was driving... the next morning.
: ( : ( : (
She said... she would.
It was a week later, that I found... she'd forgotten...to dump... the Beautiful... Sweet Corn!
hahahahahaha!!!!
When I pulled the lid, off....of my Old Cast Iron Scotch Bowl.....
Hahahahahahaha!!!
It was Talkin' Back...to Me!
Hahahahaha!
Wheeeeeew...Eeeeee!
It smelled like Moonshine!!!
Hahahahaha!
{I, sent her this picture.... and asked her, if...she'd like to Join me... for a Sweet Corn Supper!!!}
hahahahaha!
{She, opted... 'Not'. : ) <3 }
I scoured the Old Cast Iron....
and, Treated...myself... again, to some Iowa Sweet Corn. : )
{There's a 'Window'...in late Summer, for the Best...Iowa Sweet Corn. : ) It's almost...shut. }
Thankfully, I found some... in the nick...of time. What a Blessing. <3 
I, sooooooo Miss, cooking for John. : )
: (
I, decided... rather, than throw...everything, on a plate, the other night...
for supper, like, I do...now....
I, pulled out, one of John's favorite Old...Platters, and... made a 'Plate', for myself...
like, I always did, for John. <3 : )
He'd be sittin' in his Recliner...watching t.v., and... I'd come in the door...with His Plate.
He'd sit up... get...situated... then, I'd hand him his Supper. <3
: )
{He'd be yelling, up the stairs... as I was cooking....
"Soprano's Starts.... in 10 Minutes!!!"
or, 'The Closer'..., 'whatever'... we were waiting...to see. : ) }
hahahahaha... : )
As, I walked up...to the House tonight..., after a long...crazy...day...
I  was walking along the back street, behind the House.
I...was looking at the gravel...laying, along the edge, of the street.
I, thought...to myself, 'This can't be real'.
I, Never...Imagined...ever, ever....
walking into our Home, without John, waiting there... for me.
That, 'thought'... Never, crossed my mind.
I, thought...as I walked.... 'What, was I thinking.'
Did, I...think, we would die....together?
: )
Maybe....so. : )
like...
Bonnie and Clyde.
<3 <3 <3 

I, left John's Platter... Exactly... like He, would have. : )
Simply Iowa...style. 

When I jumped in the FUSO... to head Home... from Gold Rush, I noticed the Hearts, carved on on it's steering wheel.
<3
Someone... long, ago... carved some naughty words there.
hahahahaha!
They, didn't bother me.....
I, never mentioned..it.
then,
one day... after John had changed the oil, I...saw these Hearts. <3
: )
The, 'other'... must, have bothered... John. : )
He...didn't want me to see that stuff. : ) <3
The Truth...is, that 'stuff'... meant nothing..to me.
It, didn't... bother me, one...bit.
Those, 'Hearts'...that he carved...'over'.....
: )
<3
well...
They, break...my heart. <3

No comments: