Monday, August 1, 2016

August... Gold Rush!!! Olmsted County Fairgrounds!!! Rochester, MN. August 19th thru 21st!!!



I simply... can't believe... we are into
August.
It doesn't seem possible.
Gold Rush
{at The Olmsted County Fairgrounds, in
Rochester, MN. }
is just...a Blink...away.
: )
{August 19th, 20th, and 21st.}
We are in Graham North Arena.
This is such a Great Event!
Truly... Something...for Everyone!
It has Many... Buildings Full... Plus...
an Open Field.
Easy Shoppin'... Great Food.... and a Wonderful, Variety... of Merchandise.
I had hoped to have The Fuso, loaded.... by now...
but, haven't gotten it done.
I'm going to have the rabbit hole Open... this Friday, through Sunday.
Then, next week... we will Load. : )
I'll have the shop Open... 10 'til 6...
Mark, is Opening his shop... in Norway, Iowa...
just a few miles from here... those days, too.
: )
Lot's... of Newly Gathered 'Stuff'... Here, and There!
I'll be taking Loads...of 'Littles'. Totes...and Totes... of Gnarly... Old....
'Smalls'. : )
I'll also, have a Whole Bunch.... of Bigs!
Oh Dear.
It's gonna be a Puzzle... getting Everything In!
: )
but, we will.
: )
Hope, to See You, There!
Love, to ya...
Barb C.

The Kittens, that showed up... over the 4th of July... were having quite a time...
'Exploring', the Old Fire Engine, the other day.
{They need a Home.... }
Liz, took them to the Vet... shortly after we found them.
They were too little for shots, but...we got 'em straightened around.... with antibiotics.
They are eating Great....and... Need, a Home...that isn't on a Highway. 
Finally got this Old Cupboard, unloaded... and it sold.
It was Very....Cool. : )
This, 1870's or 80's.... Cherry Cupboard.... just came in.
It's all....hand made.
All pegged.... and wonderful.
Someone... painted  all but the doors.... about 40 years ago.
: (
I'm going to work on the surface... before it goes to Gold Rush.
It's Quite... the Cupboard. : ) 
When I took this image, of Sweetie, the other night...
it reminded me, of an Old...Oil Painting, I'd bought... many, many...years ago... at an Estate Sale.
I had to run upstairs, and take a picture of it.
Pretty....Close. 
This painting, was done... in the 1800's.
Sure looks like Sweetie's Kin. <3 
A Friend... had these little Treasures...
{Not the Big Bunny. He came from Friend, Jo... last year. <3
 and the Apron, in the back...I got from Minnesota, Friend... Linda. <3 }
but, the rest...I gathered today... from Friend, Kevin. : )
The Horse and Wagon... needed repair, I worked on those, when I pulled in, tonight.
Still have a little more...to do... but, they are 'Together...Again. : )
Kevin Gifted me with the Bunny Spool Sewing Piece. : )
It holds two spools of thread, and...a Thimble!
Love It!
I also picked up some Ice Cream Parlor Chairs...a funky... mid century stool...
sprinkling cans....
and....
an Old Store Counter.
Good Load.
We're gonna have some Fun...Stuff...
for Gold Rush!!!
: )




I thought, of the above...tune, as I was getting ready....to shut the lap top...down.
They say, it's gonna Storm, tonight.
Nothing, severe... thankfully.
I've moved my lap top... from the old cutting board, in the  Kitchen...to where John, always sat...on his lap top...
 in the Big Room.
The 'Room' he Created.
I, don't come to this side of the House...anymore.
Haven't since, he hasn't been here.
It feels good, sitting in his chair. : )
As I was driving, today... gathering...
My mind, went Over...and Over... the last few months...we had together.
oh my.
They, were Ruff.
but, always...
Hopeful...
until, they, in an Instant...weren't.
I remembered... the night, I came home, from the hospital....to take care of Nicky and Polly.
The night, they told us... John didn't have 'vertigo'....
it was brain cancer.
I stayed Positive... we Both...did.
but,
when I walked through....these doors....
alone.
Let the Dogs...
out...
closed...
the door....
I
 SCREAMED!!!!
I spun, around... 'Seeing'...John's Amazing...Work...
in this Room....
until...
I was Dizzy!!!
and...SCREAMED!!!!!
I didn't know... my 'body'... could make that kind of a sound.
it, wasn't my 'body'....
'Those' Screams...
came from the depth...of my soul.
The WALLS....SHOOK!!!
John, never...ever... saw me that way.
No one did.
I, sit here... and weep.
I...look around, in the darkness.... yet, I 'See' all of his Beautiful...
Beautiful...
'Work'.
<3
: )
I 'Feel'...it.
It's... tuff... sitting here.
but, I know... John wouldn't want me... to stay away.
<3

This, is where John, always sat.
Where, I'm sitting...
now.
Tuff.



No comments: