Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Take It... to the Limit.

Takin' it...
to The Limit.
oh my.
I Love... The Eagles.
I've enjoyed their Music....
most of my life.
When I heard.... Glenn Frey... 
from The Eagles passed away, today... at 67...
I thought of John.
He left us... at 67, also.
Way Too Young.
I couldn't decide... which 'Eagles' Tune..
I should lead with... today.
{I play 'Take It Easy' often...here.
It's my Favorite... : )
Always has been. I've Always... since I was very young...
been the Driver... of Many...
'Flatbed Fords'. : ) }
Today... after this last weekend...
it Had to... be One... of Two.
'Take it to the Limit'...
or...
'Desperado'. 
oh my.
oh my. 
The Anamosa Show... was Good.
: )
but... not good enough.
I'm scramblin'. 
It was crazy... here, getting things pulled together...for the show.
Then... Crazy... trying to get it all...pulled together there...
oh my... 
Sunday Morn... I was up at 4... at 5... { a.m. } it was below zero....
I ran out to fire the Fuso... {Box Truck}...and get him warmed up.
He 'Clicked'.
wouldn't even turn over.
{He was plugged in... so... I figured...it was the starter.}
My mind... was racing.
"How Many Trips....
will I have to take...with a Little Flatbed Ford Truck....
at the end...of the show.?"
I was thinkin'.
I couldn't get to the Trailer, the Fuso...was parked in front of it.
I called Mark, to see if he'd pick me up... on his way to the show.
then...
left a message, with Son, Justin... asking him...to come check the Fuso out....
when he got up.
I told Mark... I was going to keep 'messing' with the Fuso... and if it should happen to start...
I'd call him.
{Had to be at the show... by 7:00 a.m. and it's a 45 min. drive. }
I had to run to the rabbit hole... and grab a trencher, that was sold on line, and was going to be picked up.... at the show.
Polly and I... were moving Briskly... to the shop....
{it was Cold...and Dark. }
as we rounded the corner... to the entrance....
I noticed... there were no lights....
in the greenhouse.
OH MY LORD!!!!
That meant... There Was Not Heat.... in The Fish's Big Stock Tank!!!!
{I had Just... placed a New Heater, the morning before... in the Tank.}
I was worried... the two, that were in there... wouldn't keep it from freezing.
I RAN INSIDE...and began Flipping Breakers....
to no...avail.
: ( : ( : ( 
All I could think of.... were The Fish....
Freezing to Death!!!
Oh My God!!!
: ( : ( : ( 
I...couldn't work  on it.... any further.
I had... to get to the show.
I ran back...to the Fuso.... messed around with it....
and... it 'turned over'... 
Praise God!!!
Kept messin'... and got him to Fire Up!
Called Mark....told him to go on....
Then... Justin.
Told him...not to worry about the Truck...
but...
PLEASE....
Come....
Run another cord... {that I didn't have...that wasn't Frozen...in the ground. }
and... get a heater going...{use two... of the three.... the new one... must have been one...too...many.}
{I didn't know... if it was too late... or not, but.... we Had to Try!!!}
{I called him... half a dozen times... en route to the show.... about the heaters..... and Not to pound on the ice... for an air hole... for the Fish... it would kill them. {if...they weren't already 'gone'. 
If... with the sub zero temps... over night...the Stock Tank... wasn't frozen solid. : ( : ( : ( }
{I forgot to mention... the morning of 'set up'... Scout took a stroll... had The Sheriff here... at 1:30 in the morn. It appears  Deer are taking down the electric fence....to get to the salt block.
 Thank God... For Great Neighbors!!! and... a Great Son. <3} 
so...
on to the show.
It was below zero....
The Weather Folks... advised NO Travel... unless...
You HAVE to go out.
oh my.
Great...Information... for a Show!!! 
: )
God Bless... Those... that came. : )
They Bought!
but...
it wasn't enough...
So... I got on the phone...
and Sold... and Delivered.
We'll scrape by.
: )
I rested all day.... yesterday.
Lord... after loading... unloading...
setting a booth...
tearing it down...
loading...again....
I hurt. : )
{Thank God... for Liz... and Brandon. <3 {and Mark... He stayed...and helped us load up. : ) }
I  started cleaning... house, this morn... 
and realized... my Kitchen Drain... is clogged.
: )
Won't Drain.
so...
I tore the pipes from under the sink... 
That... wasn't it.
Liz helped me put it all back.
I have Drano waiting... 
By morning.... I think it will be drained enough... that I can try that, if that doesn't fix it...
well... I'll give Ken Way...a call. : )
I mustered up... the 'Heart'... to go see.... if... The Stock Tank... was o.k.
{Fish... <3 }
I couldn't look yesterday.
I knew, if what Justin had done...
was too late.... it would be a very... sad..... sight.
There is ice... on the top... but... there is an air hole, and plenty of unfrozen water...
so....
I Pray... they Survived. : ) 
When I think about... 'troubles'... mine....are minor.
There are Folks... with Much Worse... problems.
I Pray.... for Them... Every Day.
me, well....
it's just..... about 'Taking It To The Limit'.
or...
being PUSHED...to It.
oh my....
ZING!!!!!
: ) 
I'm waiting to hear from Pegadoo....tonight.
She's going through some AWFUL Crap....
just got Home... from another trip...to Mayo.
oh my....
oh....
My.
Love, to ya...
Barb C.
A Friend.... whom I visited with, on the phone... daily....
{years ago}
Laughingly... called me 'Mary Todd Lincoln'...
after listening to my 'adventures'... on a daily basis.
She'd say... after some of our Morning Chats....
"Other than That... Mrs. Lincoln, how was The Play?"
: )
hahahahaha....
I shake my head.... thinking about it....
and Have.... to Laugh!!!!
: )
oh my.
'It's All....About...
The Journey'.
: )
{Another....Dear... Friend, 'reassured' me... long ago...
with That Quote. : ) }





No comments: