Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Can ya hear me... Major Tom?

I sat Sunday... evening... listening to 'tunes'.
I listened to the one...above.
'Space Oddity'.
Understood it.... : )
{I've posted this tune... here... before. : )
oh my...
I 'get'... those lyrics. : ) }
then... 
went on... to post another tune, on fb by 'Pink Floyd'...
'Comfortably Numb'...
they... both seemed fitting.
but...
I chose 'Pink Floyd'.
funny....
I never listened to either, when I was young. 
: )
I...guess... I 'heard' them... but never 'listened'... to the lyrics.
I... was a 'Country' girl.
<3
I'd play some Fog Hat... Aerosmith... Kiss....Queen...
 when me and my Friends... were being 'Crazy'...: )
{none of my Friends were 'Country' girls... : ) }
but... unlike, the Country songs... all I heard was 'Music'... never the Lyrics.
What a Loss. 
Like... my Beloved 'Country'.... lyrics
'Songwriters'... of Every Genre....
are...
'Poets'
that...simple.
: )
I admire All... 'Artists'... 
I really... Liked... David Bowie.
: )
I... Liked him... Appreciated him...his 'Music' and Talent...
even more... the older I got.
Music.... to me, is...
'Poetry set to Tune'.
Always... has been.
I heard him speak, on a documentary...today.
He said... he didn't like his voice... he saw himself...as a 'Writer'. 
{'That'... he was. : ) }
but...
no one... would record his Music... so... he recorded it himself.
: )
He said.... he didn't like wearing all of the make up... and crazy hair...
but...
he had to keep... reinventing himself. 
: )
A True... Artist. 
: )
He was a Spiritual...Soul.
I...want to 'hear' his last, album... in a way.
in another....
I... want to wait...awhile.
Somehow... I believe... it will be quite Moving. 
: )
What Beautiful... Gifts.... we all have been Blessed with...
'Amazing... Artists'....that 'Sing'... far more... than a 'Tune'. 
: )
oh my.
Love, to ya...
Barb C.
{I can't tell you... how Stunned... I was, Monday morning... 'hearing' the news...
David Bowie....'The Poet'... had passed away.
I can't imagine... any Other 'Voice'...
 Beautiful... Voice....
Singing His 'Poetry'..... <3

Loretta... Sang her's too....
<3
Artists... 'Poets'... of Every Kind... 'Sing'.
We simply... need to Listen... a little 'Closer'. <3
The Best Artists.... Touch.... your Soul.
: )
They 'Know' You.
and...
You... 'Know'... them. : )  }




No comments: