Monday, January 25, 2016

Davina and The Vagabonds!

Went to see 
Davina and The Vagabonds....
Saturday Night!
Pal, Allyson... had bought us tickets.
<3 
I introduced Allyson to their Music... last year, after Friend, Marc B., had 'introduced' me...
to them. : )
Love 'em!
{ Allyson.... Surprised me with a Ticket...to see them..last year, too! <3 }
They were Both... Sold Out Shows......!
Packed!
They have a 'New Orleans' Jazz... Sound...
Amazing!!!!!
AMAZING!!!!
They Received 'Standing Ovations'... Throughout... the Show!!!!
: ) : ) : )
When the Band took a Break...
I excused myself...from our Table....
 and headed for the door, to have a...
'Stogie'... : ) 
I made my way through the crowd.... and just as I was at the front door...
I saw Davina... selling cds... I waved...and nodded... : )
{Davina remembered me, from last year... it seems. : ) }
She said... "Hey! Where ya Goin'?"
I smiled... said I was goin' out for a 'Smoke'!
: )
She said...
"I'm Comin' With Ya!!! Let me run to the back... and get my coat!!!"
{I looked to where she would have to get to.... through a Huge...Crowd...: ( }
I said...
"Wear mine!"
She said... I'd Freeze. : )
Nah... I had my old 'Cowboy' shirt on... over my dress. : )
{She was wearing a Beautiful... Black...Lace...Dress. Wow!! }
She threw my coat on... and out the door we Escaped!!!
and had a 'smoke'...
: )
We also... had a Lovely... visit.
: )
Artists...and Small Business Folk...work so hard.
for little.
I know. 
oh my. 
I used to be in a Band. {Nothing as Grand...as Hers}
I knew... after the Show...was over... They....
The Band... had Hours of Work....
Loading...Instruments...Lights and Winding Cords....
then...
Driving.... to get to the Next... Event. : )
I wanted to Block the Door... at the end of the Show, so Folks would Have to Purchase a cd....
or Tee Shirt... before they could leave. : )
oh my.
Davina made the comment.... on stage, how 'quiet'... this Crowd was.
: )
I turned to Allyson.... and said....
"Hmmm.... ya think she'd like to hear us get a little 'Loud'????"
: )
Allyson said... "Sounds like it. : ) "
oh dear.
: )
{Barbara knows how to Liven Up...a Party! : ) }
yes...
We will be forever remembered.... as...
'The Loud Table'....
: )
oh dear.
{Everyone....was so well mannered. Until the Second Set. : ) }
Yeah...
It was Quite a Time!!!
I can't Thank... Allyson Enough.... for Thinking of me. 
She Always.... has. <3
: )
She invited me... to go with her, and Sweet, Friend, Rhonda....
to Round Top...and New Orleans, again... in March.
: )
As Much... as I'd Love to go.... I can't. 
not now. 
I Really.....Really... want to go back...to New Orleans.
{Really}
It's been Haunting me... for several months.
When... I can get ahead...enough, and get things... pulled together here.
I may.... someday...
on a whim...
 {will}
Bail in Ol' Jethro....
and go... by myself. : )
I So... LOVE the South. 
Love...
New Orleans... 
Love...
The French Quarter...
Love...
The Garden District.
<3
Love...
The Gulf.
If... I have to Sleep.... in Jethro's Driver's Seat.....
I'm gonna Make That Trip.
: )
It was so Kind... of Allyson, to invite me. <3
Love Her.
I Am So Blessed...
to have such Beautiful...
Kind...
Thoughtful...
People...
in my life.
oh my. 
<3 <3 <3 
I posted Three of my Favorite Davina and The Vagabonds tunes....
above.
: )
They have played... all Over the World... and....
in 
New Orleans!!! : )
Love, to ya...
Barb C.
{As I was saying my 'Good Bye's' to Davina....
I said...
"Hope the Old Ford Starts!!! "
she said.....
"Hey...You can Ride With Us!!! If ya don't mind riding... in the Van... with 5 Musicians!!!"
<3
{oh my....
 Davina.... had No Idea... what 'Crazy'.... can be...
 riding... with a Mad Hatter. : ) }
I said... "The Old Ford has Never Let me Down... yet!!"
We Git'er Done! }
<3 


Davina....
Sporting Mary's Coat!!! 
Seems me, and Davina.... were the Only  Smokers....
in The Crowd!
She said how Much... she admired my Coat... and Boots....when she saw me walk in.
: )
{The Tall...Vintage... Blue... Buckaroo Boots, Pal, Jan...gave me.  <3 : ) }
Mary Sellon... gave me the Beautiful Coat.... <3
I shared 'Their' Stories... with Davina, and... how Blessed... I am...to have Such....
Wonderful.... Wonderful...
'Friends'...
in my Life.
I also Shared Allyson's Gift, bringing me there. : )
Allyson... is a Psychiatrist...
{I Tease Her... to No End!!! }
: )
who also... shares the 'Love... of Old'.
{We Met.... Down... the Rabbit Hole... Many Years Ago.
She Shares my Love... of Old.. Farm Cupboards, and... has some of my Very Favorites... in her...Home <3 }
Davina.... was Concerned.... about being 'Judged' and...WHAT Allyson... would 'read'.
: ) : ) : )
hahahahaha.
I told her... "No Worries.... I'm her 'Study Subject'... Someday... she'll write a Book!"
{I expect...Royalties.... : ) }
: )
 <3
Just Kidding. : )
{I'm So.... Very... Proud of Her. <3 }
Allyson... is one of  the Most.... Open Hearted... Kind Hearted...
'Folk'...
I have ever... been Blessed to Know.... and Love. : )
<3
{non smoker... but... doesn't care.. that I do... in her 'space'. : ) }
Priceless!!!! : )


Me and Davina...
in a Selfie...
Blowin' Smoke. : ) 


1 comment:

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

How flipping AWESOME that had to have been ! I thank you for sharing Davina's music here , I had never heard of her until your post and I really like her style and sound ! ~Have a good one blowing smoke your way ~ Angela