Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Things That Make You Go... Hmmm....

I was searching the web, last night... And ran across a description, of someone... I listened to this description, again... and my knees got a little weak.... The man described this person, like this... " An interesting character... Unpredictable... You see, instantly, what this person is feeling... This person is like a 'mood ring'.... This persons emotions, are very, very close to the surface"... My blood ran cold... I stood here, for a moment...and instantly realized... this sounds a lot, like someone I know.... The man, speaking, was Johnny Depp, about his character, the Mad Hatter... He followed it up, by saying, "this was a 'dream' role"... I about fell over... I called Steph, and read her this description, and asked, who do you think this person is referring to? Her immediate reply, without hesitation, was.. " Oh, that's you, Barb, of course"... Then I called Peg, and asked her, the same question... { in a tiny, quiet, soft voice, her reply was...} " well, ah, I don't know... well, ah, who, ah, do you think it sounds like?" Oh my.... Then, I called Mark... He just went silent... cleared his throat, and with a laugh, said, "ah, well, that sounds like you"... Surely someone, close to me, must disagree... So, I went to John... read the description, to him... PURE SILENCE!!!! He wasn't putting one little toe, into this! I knew there was a reason, I was so incredibly drawn to this character... I know him well... I, truly am, the Mad Hatter... Or kin to...I think, one must be born this way... I have never seen the old movies, or read the book, Alice in Wonderland, so no influence came from that! But when I saw the 'trailer", for this version, I was driven, to go see it! There are so many parallels, in this movie, I have been planning to do a dedication, to it, at The Memorial Day Weekend Sale, here, this spring... I was scouring the Internet, to find the costumes, and props...{ that, by the way, are already right here...} Scary... I think, I may be a little less 'mad' than he... Well.... A little... Peg has said, for months, I need to change the name of the Shop, to "Down the Rabbit's Hole"... I can't do that, but I asked her to paint me a Gnarly sign, for the entrance to the Green House, that reads " Entering The Rabbit's Hole"! She's all for it! My gears are turnin... This is going to be, an incredible year...
Barb C.

No comments: