Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dreams...Reality....

Hmmm... Sometimes, I don't know which, is which....I half woke up, at 4 a.m. this morning, with the Mid-West Show, running through my mind... I was planning the booth... The 'Mad Hatter' booth... Placing everything, in my mind... The gnarly architectural pieces, the funky concrete, the fresh flowers, the old Staffordshire dishes... As I was placing the cupboards, that will be in the corners... The 2 store cupboards, with open shelving, on top, only about 4 feet wide...in kind of, old red paint... It dawned on me, as I was tossing and turning... I don't own, cupboards like that... I was wrestling, inside my head, yes, yes, you have them... no, ah, no you don't! Oh my gosh! I woke up, so mad....{ no pun intended...}I was grasping, in my mind... where are those cupboards... where have I seen them... Does Mark, have cupboards, like that... Well, now I know I have totally lost my mind... It must be lack of oxygen! I could have sworn, this morning, in my mind.... I own, 2 store cupboards... I still think, I must know where they are...I've seen them, somewhere... I'm counting on them... The booth won't be complete, without them... I remember, when I used to waitress... I would have similar dreams...Not about cupboards... Customers... I would be running so fast, my number being called... food getting cold... eggs cooked wrong...water being spilled, on someones lap... Or, the worst... Forgetting someone...Getting a table, with hungry folks... and forgetting them... That, is the worst nightmare, a waitress could ever have...I've done it, in reality... and it's heartbreaking... The people are so mad, and hurt, at the same time...And, there is really, no fixing, being forgotten...Ah... Stress! I would wake up, in a cold sweat, and exhausted! My dreams, so many times, have messages... so, I guess I'm due, for a couple of store cupboards... Or, something cooler... I guess, we'll see! Have a Great Day! { I'm back to work today...} Barb C.

2 comments:

pollyanns said...

come see me and my counter and my grotto tomorrow (Friday)

Betty G said...

You sound so like me, hon. I have those dreams too-they call them "stress dreams"-where I am back in college and I have a final exam in a class I have not been to all year. or I'm at work and anything and everything is going wrong. Those dreams pop up every now and then. It make sense that you are having junker stress dreams. I hope you have a great weekend-full of fun and friendship-and no stress! You are a doll and I enjoy reading about your adventures! Luv~Betty <3