Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Peg's Gift...She is an Amazing Artist....

Peg scribed and painted this gourd, for me... She knows I love crazy quilts, and made this for me.... oh my... Peg spent hours and hours on this.... she wrote in one of the squares, " did you know this has a chip in it?" She loves watching my face, when someone at my sale, comes up with a piece, and wants a better price, and starts off by saying, "did you know this has a chip in it?"... I don't know what I look like, when this is directed at me, but it must be pretty funny, because Peg usually walks away, and holds in the belly laugh.... My reply... "yes, I know it has a chip, hate to see what I will look like when I'm 125 years old... and isn't it beautiful?", "if it were perfect, it would be 95.00, instead of 15.00.", " someone must have really loved it, to keep it, chip and all...if this bothers you, my advise to you is, don't buy it, I truly want people to love their purchase, as much as I do, and every time you look at it, you will see that silly chip, if I were you, I'd hold out for a perfect one..." Oh yea, wrong approach with me... you would be better off to say, "I love this piece! Would you consider a better price?" Let me see you light up, and appreciate it for what it is, a beautiful treasure, that has been loved... Peg is going to be selling her gourds, she asked me to help her price them... Oh my... They are truly a piece of art...and the hours... I have no idea....If I had to put a price on the beautiful one she made me...it would read...PRICELESS!!!!

2 comments:

Kay said...

Wow that is gorgeous!! I am in retail and I don't know what price I would put on them. The details in yours are amazing. She is one talented lady. You are Blessed!

cconz said...

I know the hard work that went into making that piece. Wow. It's beautiful. and not cheap. How long did it take her to make it?