Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Holiday Open House...History....

Oh my gosh! What a weekend! Saturday was amazing! Tons of people, lots of laughs, {some had us all rollin'!} {concerning cigars, ministers wives, long hanging moss...oh my...you just had to be here!} A wonderful Angel came into our lives, { it was the hardest thing for me to do, this morning, putting a new post up... over that Sweet Angel...} Sunday was slower... but Great! Amy, from 'The Nest', popped in, with her darling family, Brandon and Dale, Anita and several folks who had never been here before... We all had a fun time, and I truly enjoyed the wonderful conversation! Things got a little hectic, after I closed, Dale and I went and looked at 11 big{ at least 300 pounds each} limestone columns.... My pal Jay, had called me about... with the little truck... we turned around, and got his trailer...we loaded six, { I have to go get five more... they will have to wait 'til I get back from Indiana...} My Pal, Bud called, Sunday night, he had to clean out a barn, where he had great primitive stuff stored, for 20 years, immediately, Monday, and we filled 3 trucks... It was soo cold, and windy, I thought I was going to freeze to death! Bud had taken a fall from a ladder, last week, and is torn up pretty bad, he needed help, no lifting for him for a while. So with the help of his sis, and brother, we gotter done! He sold me a huge load of great stuff, as we were loading! A wonderful old step back cupboard, several tables, a beautiful old dovetailed trunk, a gnarly old single doored Amana cupboard... I could go on and on! Quite a load.... All covered in 20 years of dust, and a little coon poop...just like I like'em! We got the other stuff all situated last night, and it was good to get that job done... I have to unload all those limestone columns today, run and get totes, get packed, do laundry, { I have no clean clothes!} clean stuff and load furniture, for the show... Dale wants to finish his loading tomorrow night, so needs to pickup the trailer, and we will be heading out at 4 a.m.. Thursday morn.... the fun never ends... The columns may be sold, I'm waiting for a call, I may need to deliver them, this morning...{ I don't want to unload, and then re-load....ah, no way...} It was a whirlwind weekend.... I can not thank everyone enough, for all of the kind words...and prayers... my blogger pals are amazing... I haven't had time to thank all of you personally, but I have read every comment, and they have brought tears to my eyes...really... Thank You, from the bottom of my Heart.... To all of my wonderful customers, a.k.a. my friends... that walked through the door of the shop...I love you... Thanks for the great visits, the laughs, and your purchases... I know this is a tuff time for many, and I really appreciate your business. Thank You... Peg... What can I say... We were both in tears when she left... I truly don't know how in the world, I could have pulled this off, without her...We laughed 'til we cried...all week...12 hour days... She wouldn't take a dime... I made her take some things home, I know she loved... she said to me, "Barb, if I didn't love coming up here, and working with you, I wouldn't be here... you truly mean the world to me..."{ believe me, there is not enough money in this world, to pay for the kind of work we do, if you don't truly love it...} {tears, and more tears...I can hardly write this...} We did have the most wonderful time...Sparring with Sweet Dale, cleaning up mouse turds... Peg would say, in a sarcastic tone, my words "they have to eat too", "they have to have a home, too." { I put up with the little creatures, and, well, Peg, not so much...} Lugging huge fountains and urns and iron furniture...I am keeping the beautiful fountain, we found, just for the wonderful memory, of our time together... I have been soo blessed with her friendship... Words could never express how truly wonderful she is....What can I say.... I am speechless... To God... Thank You, for bringing the most beautiful, healthy child, into our lives...I pray that You will watch over him, and all of us, all of the wonderful souls I am truly blessed to be surrounded by... Barb C.

2 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

You wear me out, girl!!! Don't know how you do what you do. So glad you have all those wonderful people around you to help. Congratulations on that grandchild--what a gift they are (but I'm exhausted). I think their parents will be home tonight. Good luck this weekend. Jan

pollyanns said...

Good luck this weekend, Barb. So glad for you that you have a great load to take. Funny how things fall into our paths sometimes right at the right time, huh? That's the way it's supposed to work! Love ya - Pol