Monday, June 15, 2015

thoughts.....

I read a little quote... the other day.... that hit me so hard....
I Burst Out Laughing.
oh my.
There was a sweet little cartoon... of a Darling... little rabbit.
{imagine.. that. : ) }
: )
'Thumper'...
It read....
"When your scared....just be scarier...
than what is scaring you. : ) "
oh my.
I burst out... laughing..... because... I was trying to imagine.... how I could transform...
'recreate' myself.... to be that... 'scary'.
: )
With so many... 'ugly'... things... breathing down my neck....
How... do I roll them all.... into One...
and... be 'scarier'... than they?
: )
I know... this seems so silly.... for someone... to 'ponder'...
but... out of all of the things... I've been juggling....
this little quote... sticks... in the back of my mind.
It.... Haunts me.
I busted my butt.... today... and yesterday.
Weed Whipped... and Trimmed...
in the rain.... today. : )
Funny... after you've stood in it... for Hours... through the Night....
{with old Scoutaroo... }
it's not so bad... running the weed whip... in the rain.
It actually... was a Gift... : )... it's been sooooo Hot... and Sultry.
then...
Hauled....and Lugged.... oh my....
This place.... looks like a Jungle....
It's Insane....
: )
Came up to the house... for lunch... around 3.... and fell asleep... : )
I woke up... at 8.... thought it was Morning....
and... I was Late!!!!
oh dear. : )
After I figured out.... what time it really was.... I turned on t.v.   Polly and I.... watched a documentary
about Billie Jean King.... on PBS.
: )
I'm no athlete.... but... I remember... the hoopla...   when I was 10.... and when she played against Bobby Riggs.
oh my...
I thought... all of 'the movements'... were so silly... back in the day.
: )
I...simply couldn't understand... why people.... marched... and fought so much... against each other.
: )
oh my...
{I remember bits and pieces.... 'conversations'... from the late 60's.... {I was 5... maybe...6}
and... shaking my head.... then, too. }
I wondered.... why... Folks... just couldn't.... get along.
: )
still...do. : )
Getting back... to that 'Rabbit'....
: )
As I watched the documentary..... I so Admired.... the People... Billie Jean King...
and... Bobby Riggs.
Billie Jean...for all... she has Given... and Sacrificed... for so many.
and... Bobby... for making People... Notice.
then... I thought... about that quote..... {oh my... }
Maybe.... one doesn't have to be 'Scarier'.... : )
just....
'Purer'.... : )
and... Shine.
We don't need 'Ugly'....
'Scary'...
We need 'Honest'....
and 'Respect'... for our fellow... humans.
I told a story.... a long time ago... that said.... my Mother... told me to hold my head high.
What had really... transpired... was a conversation..... I had with her.... on one of my Darkest... Days.
I was in my early... 20's...
She said... she was so Proud... of me... that through all of that.....
I walked... with my head... held... high.
: )
{something.... she said... she never could have done. }
That... was the best.... compliment... my Mother... ever gave me.
: )
Yes.... if you walk... with Faith...follow your Heart.... no matter what comes your way....
what... people say.... or how they... 'judge you'...
Hold Your Head... High.
: )
make no... apologies.
I can't begin... to contort... my face... to be as 'ugly'... 'scary'... as what stalks me... : )
and what is riding... on my shoulders.
so...
I'll... Shine... : ) 
and hold my head... high.
 : )
somehow....
no matter...
I Believe....
that's the Best... way... to go.
Love... to ya...
Barb C.





No comments: