Monday, September 5, 2011

The Pearl....

I have been in a knot...the last few days...as you know...
Felt hurt...and betrayed... did something...I don't normally... called my friend, on it...
Usually... I am like an Oyster...close up...then fester...and stew about it...
But...when I confronted my friend...I didn't really feel better....
Maybe...because...he didn't get it.... or..if he did.... he wouldn't admit it... so...nothing, was truly gained...in my Oyster Shell... anyway...
I laid in bed, last night.... tossed...turned... channel surfed.... and, right in front of me...was one of my favorite Ministers... Joel Osteen...
What was he talking about?.... Oysters...and Pearls...{I had just put a new {to me} pair of Pearl earrings on...yesterday morning....I love Pearls....}
He explained...how a Pearl is made....by a grain of sand.... irritating... the Oyster... the Oyster keeps coating it... to make it smooth...until a beautiful Pearl, is the final result...
He said...if these irritating things...keep happening over and over.... in your life....it's not the Grain of Sand...that's the issue...it's the Oyster...
I am the Oyster.... I can't change the sand... but....I can change me....
Everyone has a Journey...
We are hit by folks... that irritate... cut us off... and do, naughty things...We are being tested... I have failed...these tests over and over...by losing my temper... or letting them, steal my joy....But...God doesn't give up...on me...he keeps sending...the sand my way....{no wonder I Love Pearls...I have a pile of 'em around me...}and is waiting for me...to Grow Up...and spit the sand out.... with a smile...on my shell...and see it, for the test...it truly is....
I can't change anyone else... nor...allow them.... to steal my joy... on their journey, either...
Things...are just Things.... This has been a real....Test....
and I'm spitting out the sand...I have too many Pearls...tho... I'm thankful....for each of them....
Have a Lovely Day....
Barb C.
As I was writting this...I went to take a picture, of my {new to me} Pearl earrings...to find, I must have lost one, last night...imagine that.... I must be pointed in the right direction...
Love, to ya...
The one thing I know for certain...Some of the lowest points, in my life...have turned around, to be the highest....
 Blessings...
I'm calling my friend... and telling him...nothing matters.... and I mean that...from the bottom of my heart.... this was all over principals... ethics....and doing the right thing...{and a Huge Grain of Sand...}
Some of my friends...will be disappointed, in me... but...I am tired of making Pearls...
It is...what it is....
Love to Ya...
Barb C.

No comments: