Thursday, August 21, 2014

Amana Estate Sale ... Sept 11, 12, 13 and 14.

We have been working non stop..... on The Amana Estate Sale.
We basically cleaned everything out... ripped out all of the carpet.... and... are now... resetting everything.
There were pathways... when we arrived.
The Early...Amana Cupboards... and tables... were in attics... the cellar.... and porch.
There are at least 10 cupboards... and... that many tables... and stands... along with chests...
We have several early painted pieces to pull from the cellar....yet.
Brandon and I...pulled the biggest one out... last evening....
it stood a fraction of an inch from the rafters... and was too deep to go between them.... 
We got it... but... it was a Trick. : ) {literally.... Brandon didn't think it could possibly come out.... he...even called me... 'wonder woman'....
: )
I liked that....
most folks.... just call me... 
'crazy'... : )
That cupboard... was a Beast....we had to move a Loaded Down... Huge....Amana Workbench... to even have room... to move the Big Cupboard.... then... getting it up...through narrow passages... with my right arm... still...not working... was, interesting... to say the least. : )
It was like having my arm... tied behind my back.....
yeah... interesting. : )
It was soooo hot....
oh my....
When we finally got it outside... a lady pulled up...
and just sat in her car...looking very... bewildered....at us...
I was covered...in dirt...from head to toe.... that was stuck to me... like glue.....
She...said... "can... I get you a towel... or something to wipe the sweat and dirt off with?".....
I said... "No.... : ) I'm Good".... : ) {a Mess...but...good. }
 {she just sat there... staring... then... asked me again... : )
 Nice Lady... : ) 
{clean... put together... Lady.... : ) }
oh dear.
Brandon and Liz...had a similar experience...the other day... with a Large... Amana Wardrobe... in the attic....
They had to shove it on it's back...through a crawl space....to the other attic...across the house 
{they fought and fought.... to get it down the closest staircase...to no avail...}
 then... take out a part of a wall...that had been built, after the Big Old Wardrobe... had been put in the far attic....
It was Hot.... and a Major.... job.
Then... it had to come down a loft staircase... through the mountains of boxes... in the garage... then...outside... then... through the front door.
oh... my. : ) 
We are trying to put it all back... they way it would have been... back in the day.
It's like putting a puzzle together.... with pieces that go together... strewn through several areas.....
We are cleaning everything... as we go...quickly....
The house...won't be spotless.... nor will the furnishings....
but... they will be... better.... : )
Happier.... : )
We have taken mountains of boxes out.... so, we can stage the house....
Now... we are almost... to the point, where we can begin bringing things back in.
I have many boxes to go through.... there is a LOT.... of... stuff.
Newer...
 Old...Old... 
and in between...
oh my.
Love...to ya.
Barb C.


This wardrobe...{I of 2 } that were on the long porch.....
{the other..is larger...}
the old wash stand...was in the attic.....

The white Amana Wardrobe... was near the cellar door.... the Big Red... Pantry Cupboard... with Screen... was the one Brandon and I... pulled out yesterday....
Brandon scrubbed the old linoleum.... yesterday.... on the long porch....
He said....
"Ya know...... this has been a lot...of work... but... it's looking so good.... I'm...kinda falling in Love...with this Old House....."
: ) : ) : )
He...couldn't 'see'.... past the mountains.... in the beginning...
but I did.....
I... always... Loved... this Old House.
 It has... Much... Muchness. : )

There are Tons...of smalls to get to... yet... oh my....
I took many images... with my phone.... yesterday... only to find...when I got home... I had it set on video....
I'll have more images tonight... : )

1 comment:

sue in mexico mo said...

Barb, have you been to the doctor about your arm?