Friday, September 20, 2013

Shades of Gray... The Fall Harvest Sale... beginnings...

Got the Old Sign...repainted...front and back.... yesterday....
It's Smiling...at Everyone...
Rolling Down...151!!!
 


 


yes...
this is going to be...
a Great....Sale... : )
 


I found some Gnarly...Old...Old... Handmade.... Pieces....
and...some very Cool... Knives.....
We're Digging...and Digging!
Had a Huge...Storm Blow Through...last night...
I tied the tent down....
on every corner...
 stacked a Pile...of Iron Screw Jacks....at one corner... wired them all together...and to the post...
a Tree... a Huge...Concrete Column.... and a Fence Post... to the others...
Thank God.... for...
W I R E...
It's still standing...
{I didn't even want to look.... as the Sun...came up.... I heard them talking about The Storm Damage...and 'debris'.... that's all over.. the area.... this morn.... : ( }
she's holding water.... on the side....
but she made it through 60 to 70  mph winds....
or better....
 
 


It's been fun....transforming the Tent....
from Mad Hatter...
to
Early...Iowa... Farm....
ahhhh...
Primitives....
Old...Tin... Baskets.... Feed and Seed Sacks.....
Graniteware...
Crocks...
and...
Loads...
of Straw!
{All....The Buildings...will be OPEN this Sale....
along with Several Tents....
and...
The Entire...
Lawn! }
 


The Old...Sow... is so...very Content...
nose... buried... in...Old Linens....
: )
I adore... this Old...Gal....
I reworked her...from the Mad Tea Party...display....
to... The Farm... House....
: )
She is...Happy... any which way...
I have two... that are for sale...
and...one...
that will Forever... be The Door Greeter....
at The Rabbit Hole...
Love... These... Hogs!
 


Fun...California...Folks!
from
Eton Studio
They popped in...on their way Home...
to Californy!
We Loaded Them Up!
I let them Dig...through the Sheds....
oh dear... : )
No Worries....
There will be...LOADS.... coming in...and some things... Buried.... that will be unearthed...
{I haven't seen...in Years.... }
at The Fall Harvest Sale...
This...Sale... Is Gonna Be...a Big One!
Wear Your Grubbies!
and...
Bring a TRUCK!!!!
{Truck... and TRAILER! Like My Californy...Friends!}
 


Tiffany...and...
Henry...
: )
I was Delighted to meet... 'Henry'... yesterday....
Two Weeks...Old!
and ...Absolutey... Precious!
Tiffany is...  Friend...Maurina's... Darling Daughter....
what a Gift...it was...to have them...stop by...The Rabbit Hole....
Maurina... popped out... a few days ago... as I began... taring things apart...for preparation... of The Fall Harvest Sale...
and...
refused...to leave me....
She has come...every day.... and busted butt....
She's gutting...The Hen House....
and... will be bringing things...to The Fall Harvest Sale....
I haven't seen...Maurina... for...ever....
what a Blessing...she has been...
Like...Carolyn....
and...our Peg...
she keeps my feet...to the fire...
I tend to Fall....Down...The Rabbit Hole... and play...with the Toys...
get...sentimental..... remembering....
where things...came from....
and... ponder... about their 'journey'....
{I drive...Peg...Nuts!}
Speaking...of Peg... Please...continue to keep her..in your Prayers...
she... is going through a 'rough patch'....  and...needs them...so....
: )
and...
I hope...with me...you'll Pray... for All... who Suffer...
I can't...watch the news...anymore....
I just...Pray....
and...play....
down the rabbit hole...
: )
{ I also... Thank God.... for All...of the Gifts...and Blessings....
yes... things... are a tuff....
but...
 We are All... so Very Blessed.... in...so Very...Many...Ways.... : ) }
Love...to ya...
Barb C.

{as I was painting...the Fall Harvest Sale...sign....
a friend... from years ago....
stopped...as he was driving past...
I've known him...since I was 16...
He asked what I was up to....
Lord... I was a Mess...
Dirty...bare feet... wearing... the day...before's... clothes....
no... make up....
sweating...
{it was...HOT...}
hair...pulled up...in a Messy...Twist....
{oh dear.... and...I have put on...MANY...Pounds....oh dear...}
we visited.... as I kept...painting..away....
we said...our "Good-byes"....
he began...to pull away....
stopped....
and said...
"Hey...Barb... you sure are lookin' good"....
THAT....
made my day....
I know... I'm not....
yet...
I bowed....The Mad Hatter... Curtsy... and Thanked Him....
tho...
my first...inclination...was to Fiercely...Argue...the fact...and tell him to go directly to get his eyes....examined!!!
instead...
I...took...that compliment...
I needed... it...
and...felt...Blessed...by it....
You...Never...know...what a Kind...word.... can do...for a person....
I told him...I loved him... for that...
: )
Tell somebody... they're 'Lookin' Good'... on your travels... today...
and watch 'em...SMILE! }
 

No comments: