Sunday, September 29, 2013

it...rained...

 
It Rained...
It rained... and rained...
Maurina and John...
tarped things...
this Morn...
we had strewn...
from
cleaning the shed...
and I helped some friends...
as they were picking up... some things...
Then...
Maurina and I tore into a building... that had blown down...
several winds... ago...
with some very cool...old Primitives.... trapped inside...
It was a mess...
we... were soaked....
covered in Mud... and who...knows... what....
Spiders... were having a Fit....
we were disturbing their Home....
yes...
it was an...ugly... ugly... day....
for all...concerned...
We loaded the Ford... with what couldn't be saved....
from the collapse...
and I threw it...in the dumpster...
{John has a HUGE....dumpster.... as he is Cleaning... his shop...}
It broke my heart... as I was pitching things... into it...
Old...Old... things...
that were beyond.... repair...
sad...
The Good News...
there was, and is... a LOT...of wonderful Old Pieces...
that made it....
Survivors...
that will be on The Fall Harvest Sale...
Love...to ya...
Barb C.
{I just came home... from watching Miss. Scarlett... : )
when I laid down with her....
to put her to... bed...
she said...
"Hug...Gamma"....
So...I held her close to me...
This... above song... somehow...
came straight to my mind...
It's been a Long... time since I have heard it...
Dad...used to whistle it... all the time...
as we rolled...down the Gravel Roads...
in those old... trucks...
He could Whistle... like No Other...
{beautiful... : ) }
I began...softly....singing it...to her...
when I finished...
she rolled over...
looked me...
and SMILED...: )
"More...Gamma..."
She... loved it...
I used to...too... : ) }
I remember... when I was about..her age...
laying in bed...
we lived...out in the Country...
I could hear...The Whippoorwill....
out...in the Timber....
Lord... I don't think... I have heard one... since...
They...Sing such a Wonderful.... Song....
 you never forget it....
: )
"When it's late...in the Evenin'...
I Climb Up The Hill...
and Survey...All My Kingdom...
While Everything's...Still...
Only...Me...and the Sky...
and an Old...Whippoorwill....
 Singin' Songs...
in the Twilight...
On Mockin'bird... Hill...
: )
Tra la la...
tweedlee dee dee..
It Gives me a Thrill...
 to wake...up in the Mornin'... to the Mockin'birds...trill....
Tra la la...
tweedlee dee dee...
There's....
Peace and Goodwill...
You're Welcome as The Flowers...
on...
Mockin'bird...
Hill"...
: )
 {Have...a Beautiful... Sunday...
I will...
This... was such...a Peaceful...Journey...
: )
Yes... tho...
after listening to the above tune... over and over...
it's...nearly... 4 a.m.
{I added the lyrics... long... after the original...post...}
Funny, the time...slipped away...
walking... down...Memory... Lane...
up to...
Mockin'bird... Hill...
: )
Love...to ya... }


No comments: