Saturday, September 10, 2011

An Old Work Horse....

This Old Counter...is sooo cool...A Great Work Horse!
Had a busy...busy day yesterday... seemed everyone wanted my attention...at the same time... like dancing on hot coals... by mid afternoon...I retreated to the Lazy Boy... with a Huge Snickers Ice Cream bar.... and fell asleep... I'm just exhausted....and totally drained... it felt good...to veg out with Polly...she always enjoys my company....
Made a dash to Amana, Bud and Renate's Shop...{Renate's, Amana, Iowa {'F' Street} He had called me on a couple of things....and I bought a load of old Tin stuff....perfect for Spring...and Fall...I was just getting ready to run through his shop...{he's been re-doing....and I'm excited to see the changes!} when my phone rang... the load of furniture, that wasn't supposed to be at my door, for another hour.... was waiting... at the shop.... oh dear... Bud and I quick tied everything down... and I headed North... I bought the load.. and was making arrangements on where to go with it... when a friend pulled up...to load...something she had spoken for...the other day... It's hard to be in two places...at the same time...Then... I had to dig through the FUSO...to get to some Huge Wooden Bowls...that, another gal, has been waiting to see....{literally...was here...waiting....I was supposed to have them out.... she was a bit early...I should have had them out...last week...oh dear...} John and I got'em out....and my friend, was thrilled...with the one, John had done a wire repair on... very...very...cool...
I have never seen such a massive cutting board...and, then...have it swing out...toooo...cool!
I'm going to be here....working on the yard...today....and maybe... cleaning up stuff... like this piece... it is soo cool.... I have never seen anything like it...with a swing cutting board.... Barb H. sold me some Caldrea Soap, she carries at Sisters' Garden...It is Amazing...on cleaning this stuff...and it's good for the Environment.... I'm about out.... I'll pick some up....when I go to her Open House, next weekend....
Hope everyone has a Lovely Saturday...
Love to ya...
Barb C. 

2 comments:

sue in mexico mo said...

Neat counter! I have never seen a swing out bread board. Is that an Iowa thing?

Simply Iowa said...

Well....Sue...
I don't know if it's an Iowa Thing... We are Pretty Darned Creative, here... In Iowa! {tee hee}
It's a cool thing...I just got done...giving it a much needed bath... she's drying....and I'll give her a good Polishing.... tomorrow! She's gonna Shine!
Good to hear from you!
Barb C.