Saturday, September 24, 2011

If The Old Gal Could Sing...I think She'd Sing This Tune...

{There have been many Old Cupboards...that have touched my Heart...Over the Years...{this is Definitely One of them...I knew it the moment I laid eyes on it....She has Soul...}Oh...How I have Loved Them...I actually enjoy...cleaning them...scraping them...what ever they may need...I think...if they could talk...they would say..."Girl...I Love how you Love me..." so many of them....haven't been loved...for so very long....I Love...to See Them Smile...
Yes...I am Crazy... and...I Do....Have a Passion...for Old Cupboards...they kind of...Love me Back...}
Love...Love ...Love this Old Darling....
John had started scraping on it...{someone had started the front, when I bought it...} I kept looking at it....every time I went to his shop....he had moved on to other projects...{scraping is a tedious job...especially when you have to be careful not to gouge...and try and save the bottom, original paint....} I grabbed the scraper...and got on it...I saved all the old Mustard I could on the door panels...and crown...It looks Great! Dry...and just like it should...being from the early to mid 1800's... The image really isn't good....if this Old Darling doesn't sell...at the Sale...I may have to find a spot in the house....It is so Old... Bracket Feet... Something...you just don't find anymore...
I got the massive doors set...and a couple other pieces of furniture done...John is working on a Corner Cupboard...I was going to work late in the shop, tonight...but...I have had enough... think I'll sink into a
 Nice... Hot Bubble Bath...
and take on the Shop...in the Morn!
Love to ya...
Barb C.
{oh my...after re-reading this... if anyone...for a moment...thinks I do what I do...for the Money...REALLY! Dear God....I Love This Old Stuff!!! Thank You...for allowing us to get by...Working with it...: )}

2 comments:

Elisha said...

like this one!

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Elisha...
Me...Too...
Love to Ya...
Barb C.