Friday, September 9, 2011

oh my....

It was an Amazing Day...today... {I drafted this...last night....and posted it...this morn...}
Rick and Karen popped in...we did a little Trading...and we had Spirituality...Surrounding us...Down The Rabbit Hole.... It was Lovely Seeing Them...{and the Amazing Home Made Cookies...I Scarfed Down!}
Got shopping done...took some stuff...to Liz...and played with Miss Scarlett.... I had a friend from Chicago, bringing me some cool stuff... so couldn't get too far from home...
I took Miss Sally when I went to town...The top down... radio blaring...School was just getting out.... A group of High School Boys... gave me a Big Thumbs Up... and Whooped...how much they Loved Sally! I liked that....it was just yesterday...I think...I was their age... driving a Sweet 64 and a half...California Special...Mustang... with a high performance 289.... Pony Interior...3 speed...on the floor...
Ahhh... but...I wouldn't trade Miss Sally for it... {but sure wish I still had it...}
Then...I had some sweet gals, at the shop...when I pulled in... A Mom...and Daughter...We had a long visit... Debbie...the Mom....had just lost her Mother...in July...they were very close...Debbie took care of her...til the end...of this journey... I never push religion...on folks....I just know...There is God... I don't belong to any organized religion....but...know He, or His Angels...are always right there... The questions...why do people die.... why do bad things happen to good people... well....if all we had...was what we experience here...I could understand the anger... but...I have seen too many God Winks... to believe...this is all we have...this is such a 'blink'...there is no doubt in my mind.... We'll all be together again...someday... and the Folks...that are closest to me... that happen to be non believers... {I LAUGH to myself...when they say that!!!} They are the Biggest Angels...I know!!!! Some day...they will know it...too....}
It's all about the Journey...Our misfortunes...may not be, for our benefit... they may be for someone...we don't even know...we are examples... and.... like Rick said...today...we are all Ministers... Living Examples...
Maybe...that's why I write... I Stumble...and Fall... get Angry...Love... Cry...have Clouds of Profanity...looming...at times...but...as my friend, Janet S. kindly said...on my facebook... knew...I would take the High Road... Yes...Janet... I will make my best attempt, to take the high road....it is a steep climb... and a treturous one....and...many times...not the most, well travelled one... but...I learned a long time ago...following...someone...on the low road....spells disaster...not a good place to travel....
You see...I believe...God Loves us... no matter...and...by the way...Each and Every Single One of Us....are Sinners.... oh yes... there ain't a Perfect One of Us... Anywhere... so... That also means... no one...is better...than anyone else.... and...we need to get over...ourselves... be kind...to ourselves...and others...
Love to You...
Barb C.
This was my favorite treasure, Ray brought from Chicago....yesterday...it's a radiator cover... cast iron....and Beautiful....It's always great seeing Ray.... he makes me laugh....and...it feels soo good... to laugh....
I had a melt down...after I wrote this....I can't understand... I have to stay...completely away...from all of this... just as I think....I have come to terms with it...I get hit again.... I am not going to write about it...talk about it... think about it....care about it.... I'm Done...Done....Done...

2 comments:

Elisha said...

Im not sure exactly what you are struggling with... but I know you are having a rough time with some things....Trust in the Lord... spend even 10 minutes with Him each day/ reading His precious words written to us...HIS truth... His forgiveness and His HOPE are the only things one can rely on in the world... esp. as you know we are all LOST and need of a Saviour.

Simply Iowa said...

Elisha....
Thank you...for your comment...
I talk with the Lord...throughout the day... and read His Word.... I know....that all of this...is a lesson... It takes me while, to remember that... then...try and figure out....what I'm supposed to be learning...
I think...this one is....When I ask for a blessing....and I recieve it...I shouldn't give it away.... and trust someone else...{even those...I felt was beyond reproach...that human...does not exist} The Lord blesses us all....when we ask...and trust...
This was my blessing... and I should have taken care of it...
I'm not God... and shouldn't have tried to bless my friend... it's his journey... to ask God, for his own blessing...and have his own relationship, with God...
I always want to help....my loved ones... but... they have to learn how to help....themselves...
It's been a Hard Lesson... this time... One...I will never...ever...forget...
I'm sure...this blessing...I'm suffering with now... is Bigger....than I can imagine...I have no doubt....it was the Best thing...that could have happened...
I have handed it over... I can't fix anyone... only God can...
Thank You...just writing this...has brought me Great Peace...
Love to You...
God Bless...each and Everyone of Us....
Barb C.