Friday, October 29, 2010

I Had to Laugh...

I gotta tell ya... these don't look too heavy... the Ford was even panting...a little... oh dear... After visiting Fern Hill... being so captivated, by the Elegance, of that amazing store... purchasing some Pearl earrings...sampling the wonderful lotions.... and oils....I headed towards home... and... right past a private landfill, for trees and brush...and...stone...and....concrete...{remember, Peg and I found that Amazing Fountain, last year...In the Dump!}{you can't see it, from the road... it's a mile back...down a single dirt lane... full of ruts... in the timber... secluded... ah...a place a Gypsy would love to hang out....{my old pal Julie shared this spot with me... I'll take it's exact location, to the Grave...they don't care if you take out... you just can't bring things there, unless you live there...} I ran across these wonderful concrete bases, for columns..or urns... oh dear... and...cool square pieces, to use with them..from an old porch... The problem, was this... they each weigh...mmm... I would guess a hundred..or a hundred and twenty five pounds...{I don't really want to know...} The closer I got to them, with the Ford... The higher I would have to lift them, onto the bed... I opted for close... and higher...{over 4 feet high} Oh my... But... I'm the winner! I couldn't leave them behind...
I was laughing, at myself... thinking... what kind of a person, would be so entranced, by the most amazing, feminine, soft... and glittery notions...at Fern Hill... then... turn a truck, down a mud road.. almost have to lock in four wheel drive.... then... dig, and unearth the buried treasures...Then... load, 4 to 500 pounds of concrete... oh dear... the answer is... {a combination of two...Mad Hatter...and Gypsy!}
A Mad Gypsy!
Have a Great Saturday!
Barb C.

1 comment:

A Wild Thing said...

yeah, we're tetched in the head...but what fun is had by all...good pickin sista...how's yer hernia??? Heehee!

s