Monday, March 13, 2017

Working Away... at The April 6 thru 9...'Living' Estate Sale. I'll be posting often. Keep scrolling down, to earlier posts to see All.

There is Soooo Much, to do.
It will be days, before I can show 'Completed Rooms'...in The 'Mansion'.
I've worked, non stop...for several days...in just 2 rooms.
The Dining Room, and The Veranda.
The Veranda, is enclosed...and heated, with it's Own... Large...Beautiful...Cast Iron Radiator. : )
 The Veranda, measures about 24...something...feet, by, around 20 feet.
It will be 'set'...with the overflow...from the Dining Room...with
Garden Furniture, and...some, of the Vintage Wicker...sets.
There are Many...8 and 12 piece 'Complete' sets of Beautiful...Vintage Dinnerware.
{Much, is Noritake...}
Many Sets...of Crystal Stemware.
Dozens...of Vintage, 'Perfect'...Tea Sets.
{'Just'...packed in The Dining Room. }
If someone...has a B&B, {Many....'Someones'}
You won't want to Miss...this Event. : )
There are Many Sets...of Royal Albert....in 'just', the Dining Room.
{Much More...throughout }
The Kids...came and Hauled Butt...on Saturday!
They Moved Mountains!
There are Many...Yet...to be Moved. : )
These Folks, who resided here...liked Beautiful....Things.
: )
Lots...
of them. : )
This...Home, like the ones...last Fall....will be sold down to the walls.
This isn't a 'Moving', or 'Downsizing'... Sale.
Everything....Goes.
The 'Living' owner, has a Fully Furnished Home....in Arizona.
This, is going to be a Big....Sale.
The Home, 
{I call it a 'Mansion'... 
It has a Servants Staircase. It's 5000 square feet. 
Has a Billiard Room, on the Third Floor. {with an 1860's Billiard Table. : ) }
The Home was designed by the same Architect...that designed 'Brucemore' Mansion, 
in Cedar Rapids.
Yet, it feels, warm... and Homey. : ) 
It was built, for a Czech immigrant, 'businessman', who had a Large Business....in Cedar Rapids...during the early 1900's.
 The President, of Czechoslovakia, spent much time...in this 'Home', in the early 1900's.
My Maternal Grandfather, also...immigrated from Czechoslovakia...in the early 1900's. 
He was a Farmer. <3 
This, 'Home', touches my heart. : ) <3 }
Here are a few...images.
There will be more, {many}....when I get things...arranged. : )
{oh...dear. : ) <3 
Pray...for me!!! <3 }
Took this image...of a Doe, standing out on the Lawn.
I was coming down the staircase....from the third floor, and saw a Large...Doe, standing beside a tree.
She had two Fawns....not far, from her.
<3
This Home...sits on a couple of acres...or, so...high, on a hill...in the middle of Cedar Rapids.
I, never knew it existed.


This Demitasse Set... is from France....over 40 years ago.
 Never used.
Simply...Beautiful.
Sets....and sets...
and...
Sets.
: )
{all, from 'one'....room. }



Beautiful...'Things'
in Beautiful...'Places'. 
Make plans, to attend.
It's...'beyond'.
: ) 
Love, to ya...
Barb C.

I was so tired...when I gathered myself...up, to leave the 'Mansion'....tonight.
: (
but, then....I looked up.
 : )
I, had to take a picture...of this Amazing...Fixture.
<3
oh...my.
The Work...that went into This...Home.
 : )
I, have a feeling....
that, I'm not the only one....who has felt 'Tired'...when they walked out of these doors...
at the end of the day.
<3
There's been some Amazing....Craftsmen...
Walk These Floors.
I, 'Knew'...and Loved...an Amazing... 'Hard Workin' 'One'...
myself. : )
I Recognize... 'Artists'...'Work'. : ) <3


No comments: