Thursday, July 23, 2015

Old... Trucks, Cigarettes...and Homemade Wine. 'Simply Iowa' ... in a Nutshell.

Found my way down the rabbit hole... today.
: )
Hope...to have the doors Open... this Saturday and Sunday.
{stay tuned. : ) }


The last few weeks.... have been a bit... insane.
: )
I heard...again, today... folks have been wondering... where I've been.
{Thanks... for Thinkin' of me... and Mine. <3 }
Seems my world... has revolved around... picking up.... cleaning up... 
book work.... yard work.... 
Peg... is having a hard time...
: (
oh my... 
 My Polly... is also.......... not well.
{Liz lost her Beloved...'Benny'... in the midst... He was The Best... Hound. oh my... }
then...here I am.... playing with Old Toys....
Old...Trucks... 
Little ones... and Big...ones.
I spend my quiet hours... thinking... and processing.
oh my.
John's Birthday... was the 19th. 
Liz bought me several of The Sopranos dvd's... 
{John and I...Never... Missed an episode... or...a re run. 
I haven't watched it...for over a year.}
We watched them....
and... ate John's Favorite Pizza.... along with Ice Cold Coke. 
: )
It was His... Day. : ) : ) : ) 
I'd posted many images of John... on fb on his Birthday.
Some...I had posted last year.
I didn't know... the captions I had written...would also be attached.
A Woman....... responded.... who had just lost her 'Beloved'... 7 weeks ago....
thinking... I had just lost John.
She... said how Broken... she was... and didn't quite know... how to help me... because she... couldn't find her own feet.
{oh my... }
I then, explained to her.... John had passed away... a year ago... May.
and... Sadly....
I...too... was unable... to shine a light... for her.
The only advise I have....
 "One Day... at a Time." 
The Truth....
If I didn't have to get out of bed... I wouldn't.
If... 
I didn't have so many....
 and so much... riding on my shoulders....
: )
You'd...
 Never.... 
See
 Me.
but... 
I've come to the 'Understanding'... I have to Function...
during the day.
I... can do that.
: )
Those who don't 'know' ....
'won't'.
: )
I visited with a Wonderful... Couple... from Fairfax, they called me to look at some things... they wanted cleaned out of their garage.
: )
They have been Married for over 60 years.
<3
They knew John. : )
{better than they know me. }
after all the 'dealing' was done....
we began to visit.
They asked... exactly what had happened... 
: )
oh my...
I made it through.... almost... 
without.... melting... completely.... to the ground.
They... Understood.
{few do. } 
As I told the Mrs. 
When John... slipped away.... so did... half of myself.
She said... her Mother said the very same thing....
when her Father... went 'Home'. 
She said....
"They buried half of me... today. "
yep...
They both... worried... about 'the day'... they, too... would go through this.
I WISH.... I could be more of a Beacon............
I...think... maybe... that's part... of why.... 
'If it's not 'Business'.... I'm not... 'Home'
I really... don't want to be around... Friends.
not... this way. : (
'Sale Time'...
'Show Time'...
I Got Ya...Covered!
: ) 
yes... 
I'll git 'er done. <3
but... 'my'...
'our'...
time....
'Memories'
are...
all I have.... left. 
I...don't want to... bring this... darkness... and sorrow... 
to Friends... who... all... have their own... 
Crosses... to Bear.
{we all.... do.... 
Every Single... One of Us.  }
I don't want to see Folks.... unless... we can Laugh..... together.
: )
I spoke with a Dear Friend... today... 
She has been such a 'Gift'
Angel....
........ oh my.
She said... "I wonder, in 5 years... what our conversation will be...."
{she.... has been down a Very....similar path. }
Well.... 
: )
I... pretty much know. 
I...think... she does too. 
John's name still comes up on her caller id.
 It always will. : )
Her Husband's name... still comes up... on my phone... too....
It's been.... Years... for my... Friend. : )
<3 
{and... if... you didn't 'Know'... you wouldn't. 
What a Woman. }  
She is Someone... I have Admired... from the Moment... I met her.
nearly...
20 years ago. 
{Maybe More... I Lose Track... these days. : ) }
She reminded me... Instantly... of  Katherine Hepburn.
I met her...shortly after she lost her... 'Beloved'....
{She is also...Passionate... about 'Old Soulfulness'... <3
yes....
These 'Old Souls'...
'Antiques'...
 have introduced me.... to the Most... Beautiful People.
One reason... I am... so Passionate... about them...also. : ) } 
It was when she was selling some of her.... Wonderful... Treasures... 
and moving.... in to her new Home.
I imagined... then... they'd  had a
 Hepburn / Tracy... kind of Love. <3 
She... is.... an Inspiration. 
I never knew... how Much... of an 'Inspiration'... until this last Year. 
I am Blessed....
The Lord... has sent me such... Beautiful... Angels....
Angels... that 'Keep' us... in their Prayers.
Thank You.
Thank...
You.
May God... Bless You All....
: )
all I can do...
for now....
is..
Thank You.
 but know...
 None of You... are far from me.
and... I Don't forget....
 'Kindness'.... 
Love to ya...
Love.
 To You.
: )
Barb C.



Grandma... Bought a Big Truck.
'Gypsy'...
 : )
I HAD to find a Truck... to pull the Trailer.
The FUSO... is Great... but... I can't do shows alone... Up and Down... out of the Big Box Truck.
John sold my Ford... several years ago....  I have nothing to pull the trailer...
that...I CAN... easily {: ) } unload... alone.
I was borrowing Katie's Truck.... every time... I needed the Trailer.
Liz's car... is on it's last leg... so... I thought... I'd buy a Truck... she can use it... and when I have to pull... she can use Sally. : )
{and... yes... Miss. Scarlett can Climb Up.... All By Herself.... : )
Guess... there are some things.... you are simply... Born with... in this... Family. <3
Climbing Up... in Big.. Old... Ford Trucks..... yup....
That... is a Beautiful.... Gift.
What an Attribute.... : )
{Grandma... doesn't look so graceful..... but... I git'er done. : )  }

I have Hunted... Like a Coon Hound... for This Truck....
for MONTHS.
I had a Very Specific... List.
Ford.
1999 to 2003
{the only years... with THIS motor }
7.3 Power Stroke Diesel...
{They Run a Million Miles... {literally...}
3/4 ton to 1 ton
6 Speed.
Period...
{with a very limited budget. }
I found this one.... with most Everything... I needed....
Deep.... in Southern Iowa.
sadly...
It's an automatic... {: ( }
but...
It has a 6 Inch Lift!!!!
: ) : ) : )
Just like my '79 Ford!!!!
: ) : ) : )
and...
the Nice man... kept the price... within my budget. <3
oh my.
{These Ford 7.3 Trucks.... are Insane.
No one... wants to part with them.... when they do.... oh my.
 I knew... I'd have a lot of money out... to get the Old Gypsy... on her Feet.
New Tires... Batteries... Lock Outs.... U Joints....
and... a custom... drop hitch... : )
Some day... when I have money... 'STACKS'!!! and.. Body Work!
: )
A Guy tried to sell me a bumper when I was hunting tires....
I said...
"No Thanks... : ) 'Pretty'... doesn't pay the Bills. : ) "....
{tires... do. }
Thanks.... so MUCH...to Son, Justin... without his Help... I never could have made this... happen.
He Is... a Genius.... when it comes to these Ford... Trucks.
<3 <3 <3
{Finding... and Driving... This Truck...... has been the most fun.... I've had... in a Long... Long... Time. : )
I Thank... Justin... for making That... Happen. <3 }

The Nice... Couple... in Fairfax.... had several clean gallon jugs... sitting on a table in their Garage....
The Mr. asked me... if I was interested in them....too... : ) He said they were filled with Homemade Wine.... : )
I said...
"Only... when they are Full!"
The Mrs. said.... to the Mr. ....
"Go Get her a Jug!!!"...
{I about Fell Over! }
It's so Pretty.... I almost... can't drink it. : )
{Almost. : ) }
{Miss. Scarlett was looking at this jug tonight...
The Sunlight... coming through the window... through it.... }
she turned to me and said....
"Grandma... This Is So.... Pretty!"...
{She has quite an Eye. <3 }


No comments: