Saturday, November 27, 2010

Quilt Sale!!!! December 4th and 5th!

It's time... I have gathered Vintage Quilts, from every corner of the State... and everyplace I have visited... I can't help myself.... There is just something about them.... They are so incredibly Soulful....Thought the Primitive Open House, would be a perfect time to find new homes for some of these dear, old friends!
Nothing warms up a room, better than textiles... even the roughest old Quilts and Comforters, make great throws, table covers, Tree Skirts, and are beautiful,  folded in a cupboard, or at the foot of a bed....They always seem to invite....  Some are quite fragile.... and, daughter Liz reminded me, some folks who buy these, may cut them....{ I have a real problem with that....} But... I told her..."These Old Quilts need to be seen... loved.... and if that means, trimming them, or fashioning them into something, that will bring joy to others... well... I think that's better than keeping them packed away, where they can never sing".... Most of the ones I have gathered are from the depression era, or earlier... most are hand stitched... and hand quilted... some are machine done... but... sewing machines have been around for more than a century... So... I started going through them, yesterday....pricing them, to sell...{ the majority, under 50.00... just to help them find homes...my loss, is their's and your gain...} I'll be posting images of them, later... I'll be going through them, all winter... so check in with me.... often... These Old Friends, need homes....
Barb C.

2 comments:

Kay said...

*sob* And I can't get there!! I love old quilts too and shudder when I see "cutter quilt creations" but understand your reasoning too.

I will be getting all my old quilts out too... put one on our bed last week to "Christmas-fy" it.

Feel better SOON!

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Kay!
Come whenever... Trust me.... I'll be going through quilts....for a Month of Sundays!
{and loving every moment!}
My Love to You!
Barb C.