Thursday, May 29, 2014

'Thank You' Friends.

Yesterday, Peg popped out...
God Bless her... for being here for us, these last many....difficult days....
She was here for John... on Sunday, held his hand...and whispered in his ear... throughout his
 final... walk...
John, Loved her... so.
I am spinning... in my head... trying to stay focused ... so much... to do, and work on, in every direction....
I told Peg... when she arrived...yesterday... I had to clean the house up....
It....was so...bad... No time, to clean, while getting ready for the sale... and with all of the shows, back to back... John's radiation... appointments.... then... at the end of the days... I was simply... too tired, physically and emotionally... to deal with...much.
Liz, was coming out, to help.... with whatever we decided to do...
Then, Peg, unbeknownst to me, called her daughter, Sarah.... then, Pal, Val... came...with lunch.... and began cleaning...too... oh my....
Friends, and Neighbors popped in, throughout the day....
we are all....
still in shock.
I've been working on paper work, as the hospital called....concerning John's bills... Tuesday morn.. offering their condolences....and wanting all sorts of documents... I have been frantically looking for....
I was trying all day, Tuesday... to get things in order, for them... oh my......
I was trying to get John's Obituary drafted, throughout the day...
and made two mistakes... I had not mentioned, his Beloved Cousin, Duff... who has stood by John, throughout his life....and Loved him...like a Brother....John, felt the same... he Loved Duff....
 and John's Step Father, Otis Avis
{Who, John Only... Referred to, as 'His Dad'...John... Loved Otis... So Much...} 
how does that happen?
how... did I... miss it....
When we worked on it....at the Paper... they had made several mistakes.... and we kept editing it... and re working it... my mind...was fried...
If...John would have been here, That... wouldn't have happened....
oh my...
Wanda and Terry came by...with Beautiful Flowers, from Ed, Michael and Sandi....
along , with... the little tin Hearts, John had cut out...and, I had sold....
She gave them all...back...to me....
oh my... God....
oh...my God....
Bud and Renate, brought wonderful food... so many Caring Folks... have been such a Blessing... Cindy B. and Bill... oh my...
Liz and I..... are leaving today, to go to Davenport....
I have a Huge... Mountain, to climb, there... with work.....
that I am obligated to get done.....
It was agreed upon, two months ago... and will consume the rest of June.
Thank God... for Mark, Lynn and Jan... who have started in on it... already.....
God Bless Them...
This... is a Huge... Mountain....
I'm trying so hard...to keep all of the pins...in the air...
and... it Breaks...my Heart...when I drop one... like with the obituary...
Last night...as Liz and Kristi were leaving.... {it was around midnight...
I asked Liz, if she'd run down, and throw the clothes in the drier....
 {she had put them in...around 3... }
I was doing dishes, while asking her, and realized, we had no hot water.....
about that time... Liz yelled....
The washer, had kept running all day....
and the basement was flooded.....
it was ankle deep... throughout the basement....
We all went down... and worked on getting the drain going.... then....
I just sat on the steps....and watched the water... slowly....slowly...drain.
then...went to bed.
What do ya do....?
I checked it, this morn...and it had all drained....
I'll clean it when I get home tonight....
or...in the morn... have Brandon...and Justin...lend a hand....
but... today...
I have to Have to... get to Davenport.
Thanks...to Everyone... for bringing Food.... {tho... I can't seem to eat it.... I ate... some of Pal, Val's...Wonderful Homemade Asparagus Soup... last night... the first thing...I have eaten...since the night before John passed away....
I never knew, how easy dieting... could be. The first time...in my life... nothing... I mean...nothing... seems appetising...}
Thanks again...to everyone.....
Please keep us in your Prayers... Justin....is having a really... really... hard time...  : ( : ( : ( as are all of the Kids...and Friends...
so... I'd sure appreciate it... if you'd keep your Beautiful Wings... Beating....
Love...to ya...
Barb C.

 


No comments: